1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Comedy Central] Nathan For You

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Aug 20, 2014.

1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I watched both last year and the Ben Show was nowhere near as funny as Nathan For You. I wasn't surprised at all when it didn't get renewed.

Nathan For You is one of my favorite shows. For as much press as he's gotten for "Pig saving baby goat" and "Dumb Starbucks", it still seems like the show isn't getting the recognition it deserves. I'm glad to see people here on ClutchFans enjoying it.

2. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

Great show. My favorite episode by far was the "Daddy's Watching" one.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Drunk History is genius.

4. likestohypeguy

Wow this is my new instant favorite, have since watched everything he has on youtube. They're all good, but Robot sex offender arm & dumb starbucks were just beyond brilliant. Legal advice, better than any daily show correspondent even.

His instagram banning segment on conan, I was dying laughing. Good stuff.

5. VanityHalfBlack

The one where he went to Pink's hotdog and implemented the skip the line excuse bit was insanely good.

6. likestohypeguy

I forgot that was one of the first ones i watched. one of the beyond ridiculous extravagant setups I love about some of his stuff. I WANT to believe the gay wasn't in on it the whole time, if I had to guess i'd say he wasn't, it'd make it so much better. Protecting pink's reputation, brand identity with a vengeance.

"In a couple of years, maybe YOU could be trapping people on boats."

"You're weird & manipulative."

7. VanityHalfBlack

Hahha, I like his response, "No I'm being normal."

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Claw of shame is to funny... I love this show!

9. likestohypeguy

I even watched all of his talk show appearances, except for bill simmons. Couldn't make it through that.

That guy sucks the funny out of anyone, even made nathan boring- at one point he had to stop simmons and say "we're getting into unfunny territory here", just misses the point completely. I never had a problem with him in nba, but wow how does he get all these comedians?

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I've spent the day hungover so I watched every episode I could find. This show is epic and one of the most consistently funny things out right now.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/15925328" width="500" height="281" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. likestohypeguy

^so much is added with how they put these together, nailing the exact feel of those type shows like that psychic stuff in commodore's, or the typical overproduced magic/stunt shows like claw of shame, david blaine style, or the news segment etc. all perfect. But at the core of it I've never seen anyone do it better than him, with such subtlety. Colbert & so many of the daily show guys were pioneers that made this stuff really big, but were all way over the top with their acting, making it too obvious, where this guy does so much with less, more subtle expression & tone. Lots of the marks still might know it's a joke, but it could be real, most of his reactions. In the "nathan for you" sereies so far anyway, not as much in his old "this hour has 22 minutes" stuff, he was still working it out, but now it's perfect.

Still my favorite one, not the one that made me laugh hardest, but just most perfect, is claw of shame- can anyone find for me, I've only seen the intro vid & the event, not the middle one which seems to be missing where apparently he does consulting with judges etc. Really want to see it. This is almost making me pay for a month of hulu just to see them all.

13. likestohypeguy

They're all on comedy central, the missing middle part of the claw of shame that's not on youtube.

The funniest thing about that, aside from the total absurdity of it all, is that everyone else involved is kind of made a fool of as they are completely complicit- the judge telling him how to do it & what to say to make sure it qualifies as a sex offense, the cop there to arrest him if it happens yet standing by letting it happen, all the kids (except for the little blonde girl who admits to rooting for his pants to go down) who were glad it didnt happen yet stayed there watching, and best of all the parents of the kids who nathan assured before the show "We're going to blur your faces out, so your coworkers and members of your community don't know that, you know, you all let your kids watch this for $100", and they weren't blurred out that well & looked pretty pissed off about him putting it that way.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

2 episodes into the new season, still good.

15. theimpossibles1

I freaking love Nathan for You. It is genius. The amount of effort he puts in to the most ridiculous tasks is almost unfathomable, and Nathan might be the funniest person on earth, both to laugh with and laugh at.

16. Convictedstupid

Haven't gotten caught up on this season but I thought the hour long special to open the season was great.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

nathan fielder is the most brilliant comedian alive.

i can see why eric andre loves him so much.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Nathan Fielder Sets HBO Overall Deal, Docu-Series and Comedy Pilot (EXCLUSIVE)
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/na...series-and-comedy-pilot-exclusive-1203299428/

19. Buck Turgidson