1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Russell Westbrook thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Dec 16, 2014.

1. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Harden's big games "elevate the team" like when he scored 45 in a double-digit loss to Portland? Or like when he scored 33 in a loss to Washington? Or was it like when he scored 41 to squeak out an overtime win against the Denver Nuggets? I mean, if they had faced a better team, it would have been a loss, right?

Such selective memory.

2. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

He has just past up Harden for scoring :( , at this rate he will be the scoring title leader

3. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

<Westbrook goes for 46, 16, and 10 against the 76ers>

roslolian: If a guy is putting up those type of numbers, his team should be dominating their opponent, not fighting for its life against one of the worst squads in the NBA. Harden actually elevates his team when he puts up numbers like that.

<roslolian acts like Harden putting up 41, 10, and 4 in an OT win against the Denver "one of the worst squads in the NBA" Nuggets never actually happened>

roslolian: Of course Westbrook's PER is going to be higher. He scores more points.

<Westbrook averages only 0.1 more ppg>

roslolian: Yeah, but PER measures productivity, not efficiency.

<PER = Player Efficiency Rating>

I'd say stick to free-agency talk, but we've all seen how that goes.

4. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

*Westbrook goes for 46, 16, and 10 against the 76ers*

roslolian: If a guy is putting up those type of numbers, his team should be dominating their opponent, not fighting for its life against one of the worst squads in the NBA. Harden actually elevates his team when he puts up numbers like that.

*roslolian acts like Harden putting up 41, 10, and 4 in an OT win against the Denver "one of the worst squads in the NBA" Nuggets never actually happened*

roslolian: Of course Westbrook's PER is going to be higher. He scores more points.

*Westbrook averages only 0.1 more ppg*

roslolian: Yeah, but PER measures productivity, not efficiency.

*PER = Player Efficiency Rating*

I'd say stick to free-agency talk, but we've all seen how that goes.

(guess I'm not allowed to use the angle brackets)

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Durant will be back soon to take some of those shots away from him...maybe

6. theangrycanary

I was willing to buy that westbrook was just hitting his peak athletically before. I was really into it. The guy is superhuman to a degree. And he's the right age and everything.

But after coming back from surgery and having your face caved in? Going for 49 10 16?

Its too much.

Dude is loaded to the gills on PED's. He has to be. That's probably why when he had his face crushed he didn't react more strongly. I thought it was kind of weird... I think everyone did... how he was standing out there with that dent in his face. Like... no one could believe it. 1. Because it was a dent in his face. And 2. He wasn't staggering in pain into the lockerroom.

I almost feel guilty watching him play now. Afraid his heart is going to explode or something.

7. Lovemachine2000

Way to be an asshat. If performing at a high level is as easy as loading up on PEDs, then how come the rest of the league isn't catching up. Is Harden on PEDs? Athony Davis? Curry? Paul?

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL wow you must be one grade A class idiot to base it all on the name, just because something is called player efficiency rating doesn't mean it measures efficiency. PER is a measure of productivity because it takes all the positive things a player does and minuses all the negative things a player does and then does it on a per minute basis, meaning if you take a productive guy like WB and give him a high usage rate, then he will have a higher PER. If it was just about being efficient why would steals, blocks and rebounds be part of the equation? How do rebounds, blocked shots and turnovers count towards shootong efficiency? What next, I guess you think the new kids on the block are teenagers who recently moved into town? :rolleyes:

We have stats for efficiency, that would be stats like FG% and TS%. Next time do some research before you talk smack, then again this is just what I expect from some dude who wouldn't stop talking smack to me when I was one of the people who correctly predicted the Rondo trade would flop :rolleyes:

9. dream2franchise

He's a monster.

Regarding his MVP case I'll just say this: You can't say he's played enough games to win MVP but then use the games he hasn't played as an excuse for the teams record.

You can't have it both ways.

10. dream2franchise

I'll say one more thing. If Davis' games played and the Pelicans record can be used against him, so can Westbrook's. Both have played the same amount of games (49, 46 respectfully) and have identical records. Both are putting up insane numbers.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

How many games have the Nuggets won compared to Philly? Philly has been fielding one of the worst teams in league history and they got even worse, ditching MCW for Canaan and trading us one of their best players this year.

How do you even compare Faried, Lawson and Wilson Chandler to Noels and MCW? Lol why don't you just change your username to WestbrookWestbrooked since you to like him so much?

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Still something I don't like about him. Into himself, bully, ball hog, something. BUT he is one heck of a basketball player. Has Jordan like intensity.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

I guess you think people are robots and will always do the same thing in games, you keep building straw man arguments that nobody is saying. Harden isn't a perfect player, there will be time he ball hogs and shoots too much who is saying every big game of Harden elevates the team? Can you even quote one post that's saying that? Harden is human and will have bad games like everyone else. However if you or tmac_1 are gonna come here and tell me WB is carrying his team to victory then I have to ask you why are we even having this argument when Harden has carried his team to a better record? Okc isn't the Cavs prior to the Decision, they have a strong roster that beat the crap out of the Lakers without WB and KD. Sure the Lakers aren't contenders, but OKC had a 37M hole in their roster. For all of the heroics WB has done they are still not guaranteed to make the playoffs, not something you can say about Harden and Dwight has been out longer than KD.

Thats not selective memory you are just making stuff up so you can argue with other people and appear on the right side.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I don't why people always thought Westbrook was a lesser player than Derrick Rose.

15. MD_in_Training

Westbrook broke the game. It's not even fair how easy he scores.

16. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

RW found the cheat code for year 2015

17. RESINator

RESINator Member

He's playing amazing vs chicago right now

18. MD_in_Training

He's been doing this for like a few months now.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Should have passed it

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

He is reminding me of those crazy days of prime Kobe's.