1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't go to college. Santorum is good enough for everything.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Feb 27, 2012.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please show me where having children kissing and playing with a fetus is recommended by any experts.

You've been asked for this evidence before as you've made the claim defending Santorum's craziness before.

You didn't provide it then, but you have another chance.

I've had relatives go through miscarriages that were late term, and they got advice and counseling. None of it included that.

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

lol

I like how you're trying to present this as if it's the recommended way of doing things with a miscarriage.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I still say we should focus on all the craziness that spurts forth from Santorum's policy statements and ideas. If he played with a dead fetus, that's pretty odd, but it's more of a personal thing, and I don't care.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The only people who'd recommend handling it that way would be college educated indoctrinated snobs.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Getting back on topic...

The really nutty thing about Santorum talking about how it's snobby to want everyone to go to college and then talking about how people can do just fine without college was the audience clapping and applauding.

"Yay, let's not go to college or have anyone in our families go! Hooray!!!!"
    "Thank you Rick Santorum for showing us that there's no need for college. The less educated we are the better!"
    "Yaaaaaaayyyyyy!"

6. Nook

Nook Member

Education is only for the entitled and those born into wealth, it was never meant for the middle and lower classes. The middle and lower classes are supposed to have blue collar jobs, locked into long term mortgages financed by the white collar elite..... it isnt that hard, just follow the rules.

1 person likes this.
  7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

losing a baby at 20 weeks is fairly traumatic. do you have some experience or expertise with this? do you know what the best way of grieving for the loss of a child is?

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are you asking from the view point of an adult or a child?

1 person likes this.
  9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Dang, and I thought anti-education was suppose to be some sort of inner city ghetto thing. Guess I overestimate the intelligence of the general population.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't get when getting a college education turned into being a bad thing. Maybe this rhetoric is aimed at conservatives with high school diplomas and GED's to make them feel better about themselves.

I do have a conservative friend. He and his wife never went to college. She doesn't work. He has an hourly wage job. They don't have insurance and are too poor to pay taxes. He has 3 kids and another on the way. All will be home schooled. I made some comment to him about how his kids better get scholarships to go to college and he just scoffed at the idea that his kids would ever go to college. Not that they couldn't get in or they wouldn't be able to afford it, but just that he didn't want his kids to go to college.

#30 Cannonball, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Santorum is a worthless piece of ****. He represents so many things that are wrong with America.

1 person likes this.
  12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

See this is the core of the problem with today's GOP. They are mad at things that didn't happen or hasn't happen, but could.

That’s some serious neurosis right there.

13. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

You forgot to add the lube.

[​IMG]

14. esteban

esteban Member

Fixed that for you.

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Fixed that for you.

3 people like this.
  16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I guess he's trying to appeal to the uneducated masses that alleviate their insecurity of not being able to handle higher education with calling it liberal indoctrination that just piles up massive loans.

As Santorum pulled out the plumber makes more in a lifetime than a doctor example yet?

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

best post. evaar.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I guess that's what he's doing. It's just sad, because I thought even those masses had dreams that their children or perhaps they themselves would have a goal of college education.

Why not a good education be a goal or desire or seen as something valuable for anyone?

I thought part of the American dream was bettering oneself. Santorum is just plain nuts, and sadly he has an audience for his brand of craziness.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Plaing devils advocate, I guess imagine you just HATE school, you can't wait to get out and never deal with it again. You get your GED and realize you can't make much dough. You grudgingly go to some community college and drop out after a couple of semesters. You end up in a factory or construction or some blue collar job filled with self loathing that somehow you missed the American dream as you watch your job prospects be shipped overseas. You consider your boss to be a wet behind the ears college boy who is younger than you and makes more money but could never do your job as well as you can.

These are the GOP's bread and butter. Pissed off, scared, and uneducated. Easy to direct that anger and fear towards the hatred of elitists, illegals, muslims, non christians, etc. all while making it seem okay that you don't understand what's going on because being educated is a bad thing.

There is nothing more comforting than someone telling you your shortcomings and failures are not as bad as they seem or not your fault at all.

1 person likes this.
  20. AXG

AXG Member

You could say that about any politician.