1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

4 team trade
    Hou in: Z. Pachulia, Steve Novak, Alec Burkes
    Hou out: Gee, D Mo, Powell, Hopson, Canaan

Bucks in: Favors, Faried, Hopson, Gallinari, D. Mo
    Bucks out: Sanders, Pachulia, Ilyasova

Den in: Alonzo Gee, IlyaSova, Josh Powell
    Den out: Faried Gallinari

Utah in: Sanders, Canaan
    Utah out: Favors, Novak,A. Burkes

Rockets new lineup: Bev, Harden, Ariza, T. Jones, Howard
    Backups is Burkes, Daniels, Adrien, Novak, Pachulia...
    11 to 15th man becomes Ish Smith, Nick Johnson, Garcia, Covington, Clint, Dorsey

Most likely cut if Garcia is truly back is probably Ish Smith....

Espn trade machine shows this as Houston +6, Den +1, Mil +2, Utah -10....Only L is

Milwaukee will probably want T. Jones more than D. Mo...Other than that its fair and

could possibly keep our future biggest trade chips for a third star in Trevor Ariza, T.

Jones, and NOP pick which chould probably net us Bledsoe next offseason.....

2. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

how about 3 team trade: Hou , Uth, and Chi

Hou In: Taj, Trey Burke
    Hou Out: Bev, Jones, Gee, Covington, Hopson, Powell, Daniels, 2nd rounder, Trade Exception

Chi In: Gee, Bev, 8M TE, 2nd rounder
    Chi out: Taj

Uta In: Jones, Covington, Hopson, Powell, Daniels
    Uta out: Trey Burke

Roc line up

Trey / Cannan / Smith
    Harden / Johnson
    Ariza / Garcia
    Taj / Dmo
    Howard / Dorsey / Capela

sign couple Vets

Barbosa from bench comes one to mind.
    some PF.

What you guys think?

3. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Thats a good trade just think that Chi would want NO pick bc Im not sure if u can trade the T.E. not sure though....
    I also saw a link from an Atlanta fan forum showing a trade for A. Horford for T. Jones, NOP Pick, Canaan, Powell, Gee, Hopson bc Atl hasnt had a lotto pick in seven years since they took Horford... It gives them a quick rebuild and nice load of talents and picks it sort of even outs.....
    I liked the cap flex that we have so it should be interesting over the next year to see how the team pan out.....

4. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

I believe we can get away with not trading them Nola 1st due to Rose was kept out of Team USA right now due to sore Knee. so for them having bev. gives them an great option for future and replace Rose if anything happens to him during season.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'll pass on Steve Novak and I doubt Utah gives up Burke. I do think either/both of Illyasova and Pachula here make sense though.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

That's horrible for Utah. Bad for Denver too. The Bucks make out like bandits.

Morey probably says no because he wants flexibility next summer. Otherwise it would be a good trade for Houston.

7. rogower

rogower Member

Eric Bledsoe is available. I do not understand why you guys are proposing Goran Dragic (unavailable!) trades rather than Eric Bledsoe trades. Here is the sort of package that would intrigue Phoenix:

-Clint Capela
    -Isaiah Canaan OR Nick Johnson
    -New Orleans first round draft pick
    -Expiring contract player obtained via the traded player exception (Wilson Chandler, Tayshaun Prince, or Landry Fields)
    -high 2015 second round draft pick (obtained in separate deal for Donatas Motiejunas)
    -Alonzo Gee

Probably someone makes a better offer than that but maybe not. Bledsoe gets a four year deal for max money or very close to it.

In my opinion, Daryl Morey is trying to acquire either Bledsoe or Rajon Rondo for this basic package prior to the beginning of the season.

Phoenix might need to throw in filler (e.g., Shavlik Randolph) to make it add up.

If Bledsoe returns to pre-injury form then the Rockets are a championship contender in 2014-15.

8. craguin

craguin Member

3 Team Trade
    Atlanta in: Amir Johnson, Alonzo Gee, Scotty Hopson
    Toronto in: Donatas Motiejunas, Terrence Jones
    Houston in: Paul Millsap

Amir is in the final year of a non-guaranteed deal. What other sweetener(s) do you throw at the Hawks?

9. rogower

rogower Member

This trade would ordinarily make sense but Toronto is the dark horse NBA Finals Eastern Conference candidate in 2014-15, and this trade really sets them back, short term

I do like the idea of Paul Millsap to Houston for bits and pieces. Atlanta probably does not re-sign Paul Millsap next summer, when he'll be an unrestricted free agent again. This probably works:

New Orleans first round pick
    Donatas Motiejunas
    Isaiah Canaan
    Alonzo Gee
    Scotty Hopson

FOR

Paul Millsap

Although I suspect Daryl Morey would like to get a better haul for that New Oeleans firat round pick than one year's worth of Paul Millsap. And I like Millsap. I think Morey is gunning for Eric Bledsoe right now.

Also, keep in mind that Atlanta likely prefers a high 2015 second round pick over the mediocre Motiejunas. So Houston can, in the near future, trade Motiejunas to, for example, Philly for a high 2015 second round pick, and later package the pick with other pieces for Millsap, or Bledsoe, or Rajon Rondo, or whoever.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I don't think it will take that much to acquire Bledsoe if he signs 1 year qualifying offer instead of 4 year low ball.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Be prepared to see the most r****ded trade I have ever came up with.

3 way trade between Rockets, Celtics and 76'ers

Papanikolaou, Jones, Motiejunas, Capela, Johnson, Pelicans 1st and all of our NG contracts to Celtics

Joel Anthony, Victory Faverani, Canaan and Rockets future 2nd to the 76'ers

Rondo, Green and Bass(TPE) to Rockets

Celtics roster

PG: Smart, Johnson, Pressey
    SG: Bradley, Thornton, Young
    SF: Turner, Papanikolaou, Wallace
    PF: Sullinger, Jones, Capela
    C : Olynyk, Motiejunas, Zeller

76'ers roster

PG: Carter-Williams, Maynor, Canaan
    SG: Shved, Wroten, McRae
    SF: Richardson, McDaniels, Grant
    PF: Moute, Moultrie
    C: Noel, Anthony, Faverani, Embiid

Rockets roster

PG: Rondo, Beverley, Smith
    SG: Harden, Daniels
    SF: Ariza
    PF: Green, Bass, Adrian
    C: Howard, Dorsey

Sign center with BAE (O'Neal, Blatche, Okafor) and Garcia to veteran minimum.

Verdict, every team would get what they need. Celtics a good Haul for Rondo(expiring), Green and Bass(expiring), all older players who don't fit with the team. 76'ers get future 2nd, Canaan for taking Anthony and Faverani's guaranteed contracts. Rockets get 3rd star in Rondo, upgrade at PF who can stretch the floor in Green, and Bass who will be a great spark off the bench with Beverley.

Our Main rotation would look like...

PG: Rondo, Beverley
    SF: Ariza, Garcia/Green
    PF: Green, Bass
    C : Howard, O'Neal

I'd go to war with that team. Lol so unrealistic doe, in morey I trust.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

PG: Bledsoe, Beverley, Johnson
    SG: Harden, Johnson, Daniels
    SF: Ariza, Garcia, Covington
    PF: Motiejunas, Adrien, Capela
    C: Howard, Motiejunas, Dorsey

Imagine an all D lineup of Bledsoe, Bev, Ariza, Adrien, Howard to hold leads in 4 th. Covington could also be our stretch 4 but I think we make another move to shore up PF spot - TPE or BAE. In Morey we all should trust. :grin:

13. fattz

fattz Member

I saw this on another forum...

"CLE: Howard
    UTA: Kyrie
    HOU: Favors, Exum, Varejao

Cleveland gets the ultimate big man, Utah gets a proven franchise point, and Houston resets with youth around Harden after missing on major free agents."

At first it seems bad --> but this a trade we wish we would have made at the end of the 15-16 season. With nothing to show for Howard but broken dreams and a lot of what should have been. The TEAM is not ready yet, IMO.

If we were to add Greg Monroe (D-Mo & NOH pick plus filler) into the mix - we would be a well rounded young team - with more upside then any other team in the league. OKC / POR /GSW included.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If Minny doesn't want to pay Rubio big bucks, Denver doesn't want to pay Faried big bucks...

Motiejunas, Canaan, Johnson Pelicans 1st and Rockets future 1st for Rubio(TPE) and Turiaf(TPE)

Jones, Capela, Beverley, rights to Gentile/Llull and multiple 2nds for Faried and Robinson(TPE)

PG: Rubio, Robinson, Smith
    SF: Ariza, Garcia, Gee
    PF: Faried, Papanikolaou
    C : Howard, Turiaf, Dorsey

Inactive : Hopson, Powell

In this scenario we keep Papanikolaou, Gee, Hopson and Powell who are all non guaranteed and expiring, we could possibly package or trade them separately at the deadline for more bench upgrades.

15. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I don't think you can split up the TPE like that.

16. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I believe you can.

E.G. (1) TPE of $8M
    (2) Trade for Player A with salary of $4M
    (3) $4M left of TPE
    (4) Trade for Player B with salary of $3M
    (5) $1M left of TPE

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

RAJON ...... "MR. TRIPLEDOUBLE"..... RONDO

That's all I have to say.

Morey, do what you do.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Rubio+Brewer+Williams for Motiejunas+NOP pick+Protected first+Johson+Covinton+Gee+Capela

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Brewer + Shved would be a nice get. Not interested in Rubio or his Fegan led max demands. Even without his max demands, he is a poor fit next to Harden.

20. Garner

Garner Member

Chicago laughs at you