1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Rockets Intro and Fan Appreciation Night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockHEAD, Apr 15, 2002.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Rockets Intro

Did the Rockets change their intro just for Fan Appreciation Night or is this the new thing? The new intro was pretty cool, they had the Power Dancers with red coned flashlights (good effect in the dark) and there were new fireworks, more than the 4 red flares, there was actually some loud cracks and pops!! The music changed also as did the 5,4,3,2,1 intro... I'd really have to see it again to explain and comment more on it....

did anyone else catch it?

I personally, like it when they change things up a bit!!

-------

Fan Appreciation Night!

Thanks for the T-shirt Rockets organization! I showed up late, but was still able to get a T... a small one, but I can use it to display behind my bobbleheads!! They also had a ton of giveaways and prize tosses. Coach and Moochie made small speeches after the game expressing their heartfelt thanks to the team and the fans! The players, power dancers and mascots also threw out cool little blue and red rockets soft basketballs after the game! It was fun! During halftime they also gave away free cake out on the concourse. Chocolate or White Cake, your choice, one slice per person!! Cool, free food!!!

Turbo also attempted to dunk a ball through a huge "Thank You Houston" banner but missed... I mean give the guy credit just for attempting to make the shot blind!! It was a great night...

Can't wait till next year!!

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

They did the same introductions at Fridays game.

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

so it is relatively new... cause the last game I went to, Moochie Bobblehead Night, they still used the old intro...

It was new for me! :)

4. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

TroyBaros was ripping the new intro in this thread.

I actually thought the new intro was decent, maybe a 6/10. Somewhat refreshing.

I hate the "rooftop rowdies" I couldn't even concentrate on the game with those idiots screaming for a damn t-shirt. The half-time guys were cool, I think I saw them at the game last year. They missed one of their first dunks. I didn't think Turbo was gonna pull of that one dunk, that looked too hard.

I did like Moochie's speech and Rudy's. The whole prize thing was pretty cool. I really hated that we lost. Memphis is pretty sad if they barely eek out a win over a team of 8 guys who usually come off the bench. I hate really hate that we lost, ruins my win streak. (2-1 for the season)

Here are my pics from Section 225 Row J Seats 3,4

http://www.sonnysims.com/roxgame04142002.htm