1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking News] shooter at Florida State University

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Florida State Univ. warns of “dangerous situation” unfolding tonight at main campus in Tallahassee <a href="http://t.co/5hThuA7z6B">http://t.co/5hThuA7z6B</a></p>&mdash; Jon Passantino (@passantino) <a href="https://twitter.com/passantino/status/535307085089488896">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Alleged shooting at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FSU?src=hash">#FSU</a> Strozier Lib. 4 gunshots heard, a couple ppl shot &amp; being treated. 30 cops on scene &amp; shooter in custody</p>&mdash; Dani Amols (@danimols) <a href="https://twitter.com/danimols/status/535308774341640193">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Over/under on it being Winston?

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

No way it's winston garland

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Where is Jameis?

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

People getting shot and yall joke at Jamies.

The Cism is disgusting

You Was getting real salty thinking I was serious wasnt you

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

English mutha****a do you speak it??

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

[​IMG] Do you?

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

SCRONG!!!

9. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Sad truth of what this has become when these headlines do not even shock people anymore. Maniacal acts of individuals have desensitized this country. And this country is pretty damn sensitive.

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Florida State University warns students of 'dangerous situation on campus'

(CNN) -- Florida State University warned of a "dangerous situation on campus" early Thursday morning, and asked students to stay away from windows.

"FSU Alert Dangerous situation main campus-Tallahassee," a text sent to students read. "Seek shelter immediately, away from doors and windows."
    Perry Kostidakis, a sports editor for the campus newspaper, said the library is surrounded.

"The entire campus is empty; I've seen one or two people come up and look at the scene. Everyone who is in a campus building is under lockdown right now. Policemen are still surrounding the library."

No more information was immediately available. Campus police would not comment, and the school's public relations department said it will release a statement shortly.​

Hearing two gunshot victims (likely students). Other students remain trapped on 4th floor of library (according to CNN reporter).

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Agree with this statement. I'm actually kinda surprised by my reaction. I hate FSU and I super-hate Rapeist, but I didn't think I'd joke about something like this.

My only questions are (kinda srs) 1)there's an FSU library? and 2)people go there?

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The shooter was identified

[​IMG]

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Law student huh? Must have gone psycho at some point between 2009 and present.

14. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

whoa what happened? :(

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

only dead guy is the psycho..nice

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What in the world? What could have driven him to this??

17. Cranberry_Juice

Maybe he wanted a head start on the Michael Brown riot?

1 person likes this.
  18. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Dang man wth

19. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Very bizarre. I know one of the partner's at the firm he used to work at here in Houston. He's in utter shock how this could happen. I can only imagine it was a combination of stress, paranoia, prescription medication side effects, failing to get mental health care treatment, and access to a firearm without getting a comprehensive background check to test for mental illness. Mental health is severely underrated in this country. Background checks for guns which screen mental disorders must be mandatory.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/educat...hree-students-at-fsu-library-attended/2207287

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

last thing i was expecting was a black guy