1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN's first NBA Power Rankings - Rockets at #12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dmenacela, Oct 27, 2014.

1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Marc Stein and his Maverick homer ways haven't left. He has Dallas ranked at #6 and the Rockets out of the top 10. Haters still going to hate.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/rankings?src=desktop

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Are the Bulls really that good? Is it weighed differently because they're in the east?

And no way are the Grizzlies, Wizards, and Mavs better than us. But I agree that the Clips, Warriors, and maybe the Trail Blazers but I mainly blame that on our coach.

1 person likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

why wouldn't they be? the bulls have their best and deepest team in years. of course the difference will be on Rose but there's no reason to believe they aren't one of the top teams.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Also rests on Gasol.

Dude is still a GREAT big, and is a perfect fit on that squad, imo.

But if he takes a step back this year for whatever reason - scheme, age, health - not sure it matters how good Rose is.

What did the Grizzlies do in the offseason? What did the Blazers do in the offseason? Serious questions, I don't know. Did they get better, on paper?

1 person likes this.
  5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

terrible rankings

there should be 10 teams in the west ranked ahead every team in the East not named Chicago or Cleveland

1 person likes this.
  6. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'm at least glad that he's admitting that the bias is in what we weren't able to do this offseason instead of our team.

1 person likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

definitely matters. hes the difference between just making the playoffs and actually making a legit run to the finals. agreed gasol is a great fit for them but it is also a big luxury to have a rotation of noah, gasol, gibson. and add a few minutes here and there for mirotic

8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Can we put all the rankings in one thread?!

9. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

No way the Raptors, Wizards are better than us.

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This might be the worst ranking of basketball sports I have ever read.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Preseason rankings are like nipples on men.

1 person likes this.
  12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol Wizards ranked ahead who lost bradley beal

stein is an idiot

1 person likes this.
  13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

14. jerrios

jerrios Member

This is the logic I don't get about the media. Gasol played with Kobe, which is the media's greatest player, but the last time they did anything significant in the playoffs, they were swept by the Mavs.

Gasol added to bulls = championship apparently.

Parson + Felton* + Nelson* + Chandler~ (less marion and carter) = championship

*completely considered to be trash prior to joining the mavs
    ~ considered washed up, destroyed by Hibbert

I think they're underestimating the loss of Marion, he really covers for Dirk defensively. Carter - hit that last second game winner, which helped the mavs to go to 7 games, the main reason why they think they are contenders.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There's more to this ESPN thing than just the rocket hate, the organization seem to have completely shut them out and are only dealing with Yahoo, and they don't seem at all happy about it.

Dallas on the other hand, have ESPN Dallas, so...

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We are 8th in the west?

17. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Yeah I see what you mean. Big areolas may appear intimidating, but they're nothing to be scared of.

18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

If you break it up by conference then yeah you could interpret it that way. It still feels biased cuz that means Mavs are #4.

19. rocketseagles07

You know they have that guy named Rose coming back as well right? Plus they added Mirotic, McDermott, and Brooks. Yes I know M&M are unproven but there are more reasons than Gasol.

As for Dallas, do I think their signings are overrated and losses are underrated? Yes. Do I think there is a legitimate chance they could be better than us? Yes. Mainly because of Coach Carlisle. I picked Houston to be one spot ahead of them but it's halarious to me how you guys act like it's the most ridiculous prediction

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

bulls are over-rated.... i like the team, but c'mon maan... i dont trust rose at all and gasol, while a nice addition and a seemingly great fit, isnt enough to tip the scales that much. including mirotic, mcdermott etc... i think they will contend for a top seed in the east, but that isnt saying a whole lot...

warriors are also oveerrrr-rated... they just seem to be the media darlings. curry while beautiful to watch, and being a fantastic shooter, isn't much more than that. definately isnt better than harden. thompson is nice, but iggy is getting older and likely worse than ariza at this point. they werent even a good offensive team last year, despite constantly being touted as one...sigh

mavericks suck. 7th seed at best and im predicting they lose out of the playoffs to phoenix. tyson isnt great anymore, and they have severe issues all around including pg and bench isnt much greater than ours.

thunder at 10 is about as stupid as durant at #8... nuffsaid

raptors and wizards are absolutely not better than houston. not even close. grizzlies arent better either but atleast they are somewhat talented. sorry what.