1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIDER ALREADY CAUSING WAVES IN LA.....SURPRISE SURPRISE!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HOOP-T, Oct 20, 2000.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Before the season even gets underway, Rider has begun some minor antics already! I wonder if it is not Phil Jackson playing devil's advocate though!?!?

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/hughes/826165.html

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

After dealing with Rodman, Rider will be a piece of cake for Phil.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

3. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I agree with Finney. Jackson handled Rodman for 3 years. HE only has to deal with JR Rider until the league suspends him in a week or two. [​IMG]

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

4. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

I'm not sure about that. Sure, Rodman was crazier, but he always was a winner, and had the will to win. Plus, he was a LOT more team-oriented than Rider. He was just a wild guy who had other pursuits. I think getting Rider was bad, bad mistake. For all the skill he brings, he is going to need the ball to be effective, and his antics would disrupt a still-fragile chemistry with the Lakers. Even with Glen Rice leaving, they don't need him, IHMO.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    We don't live for the destination. We live for the journey.
    http://www.clutchtown.com