1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

17 year old shot dead, one arrest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fmullegun, Dec 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ries/121908dnmetterrellshooting.75e0fade.html

Guns are killing our kids!!! Fortunately the victim was OK.

2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

So what if I posted a story of someone who accidentally shot their own kid? Or a story on how gangs and drug dealers are getting their hands on guns illegally and current laws make it very easy for them?

What would be the punch line then?

3. fmullegun

I have to write your material now?

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The cold, hard guy in me says good, the kid deserved it.

That is, assuming the "victim's" story is true. I have no problem with it. This is the exact reason people have gun permits.

5. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

6. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Sounds like self-defense to me.

7. fmullegun

Not if they didn't do anything to you.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They would still get their hands on guns if they are already doing it illegally. The real story is how many people own guns and no innocent person ever gets shot because they are responsible with their firearm. Maybe we should tighten video game regulations because kids become violent from playing them. :rolleyes:

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I wouldn't think so. I thought we had gun permits so we could kill tyrants.

10. fmullegun

no thats why we have rifles

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What is the point of this thread?

Hooray for the hero who didn't get mugged? Too bad he had to kill someone? Are you applauding the taking of life?

Did I miss some other thread discussing the legitimate merits of gun control?

12. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

What do you mean "do something" to you? Does mugging count or do they have to fire their weapon?

I think firing a weapon at someone who is clearly fleeing, and especially at a vehicle is irresponsible at best. It's not really difficult for 1 bullet to stray and go from hero to accidental murderer.

13. fmullegun

technically he did get mugged.

14. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Technically 4 punk ass kids were holding him at gunpoint. Have you ever been held at gunpoint before? People react to save their lives. I tell you from personal experience that being put at gunpoint was not the most fun a person could have.

This is the exact ****ing reason I am have a concealed handgun permit. Somebody ****s with me, points a gun at me, sure as **** I will react in the most effective way possible. You stick a gun in my face, damn straight you will get one right back in your ugly mug.

15. fmullegun

who took a dump in your cheerios?

16. Happy Mac

Happy Mac Member

why does that matter? i don't care who takes a dump in my cheerios, if there is feces in there, i'm going to be upset.

:p

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It turned out okay for him, other than making him a killer, but he may well have taken less risk by pulling out his wallet than by pulling out his gun. He reacted to save his property, not his life.

18. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Very true, and I agree that is a little wreckless, but to add to my story.......

I was leaving a club in Austin in 2005, when this guy came up to me and smashed my head into the side of my truck. I fell to the ground and he put a gun to my head and asked for my keys. I had a small gun on my ankle, went to reach, and then a cop popped up and took hold of the situation.

My first instinct other than ****ting my pants, was to kill the ****er. Some people just see things differently, which is perfectly ok. You gotta understand that these people are just as scared as you are, and whatever way you react, I guess you never know.

19. fmullegun

no one has ever been killed when they were robbed.

20. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

I'd be a lot more worried about people breaking into my house and robbers than drug dealers, who have very little interest in attacking a random person. If criminals are going to get guns anyway, we absolutely must be protected from them.

If we end up having riots here like there are now in Greece, you'd better be packing heat, and a lot of it. The 2nd Amendment is what keeps our country safe, and in this case, potentially saved a guy's life.