1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islamic doctrine of "Hijra" - immigration as a weapon for islamic expansionism?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Oct 4, 2010.

1. showtang043

showtang043 Member

I just feel your mindset and viewpoint is flawed bc it tries to simplify something that is complex in nature, you want to categorize and stereotype that is just not meant to be. Islam, Christianity, Judaism, they are very pluralistic in nature, as are blacks, whites, etc.

Any person with your mindset could meet and read about christians who go strictly by the bible on some verses here and oppress there women, try to kill abortionists, blacks(kkk), homosexuals, etc. They could use this to create the fear and impression that you have especially if they grow in the places where there are more accepted.

Anyone who wants to come up with someone about blacks can look at the incarceration or education or crime rates and goto a neighborhood and try to come up with a conclusion to fear them, when infact you could see something more relevant like the socioeconomic background which would transcend race to produce similar results just like with your theory on muslims you have to take in account the current time in history and what sort of political turmoil is going through at the times and when that is not going on and the countries that it is not going on in, how are they acting differently which proves maybe it is not them that is the exact problem.

you could stereotype about nba players, about wall street guys, about whatever you want, but like I said before in this you support a very dangerous practice of dehumanizing people like the terrorist do, like the kkk do, the the nazis did, etc. So if your personal experiences along with what you read as you can see the guy who went to indonesia's personal experiences opened up his eyes, maybe when your interactions with myself and many others can make you realize that many of us who consider our selves devout and also study the book are not the way what you call 'islamist' are but that's a very small minority, and this radical thought is prevalent in not just any religion, but races, occupations, so on, its your necessity to generalize and simplify something that is not simple in nature, its a flawed logic and it has proven to be a dangerous logic, the only thing is you seem to think in circles which is why some get frustrated and i just don't understand as you seem to be very intelligent and well spoken and i usually find education to be the cure to this sort of cultural and religious illiteracy but i suppose one of the other posters nailed with the intellectual bigotry deal. bests.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its not my analogy but Eboo Patel's but that said I support it and given that most of what we have seen from people paranoid about Islam has proven to be based upon limited and cherry picked knowledge. For instance in this thread alone the argument that the concept of "Hijra" as expressed as some weapon has been shown to be based a very limited understanding of the term and a definition taking it in the wost light.

Interesting that you would say that considering just above you cite personal experience as being key and you yourself in this thread have cited your own personal experience (or more precisely your own personal feeling of unease). Would you then admit that your own views are flawed too since they are based on assumptions and anecdotal evidence and even just feeling?

Frankly that sounds like you are tying yourself up in a rhetorical pretzel here.

If I can make some sense of what you are trying to say you are saying that radicals will interpret something like Hijra as a justification for their actions and that something like Hijra is in the Islam whereas the German Constitution doesn't have something like anti-semitism. I will admit to not knowing much about the German Constitution but keep in mind it is a relatively recent historical document where as the Qu'ran and Hadith are much much older. Also the current German Constitutions value to German identity is not comparable to what the Qu'ran and Hadith are to Islamic identity so its not really comparable to compare those documents.

In regard though to radicals using an Islamic term like "Hijra" to justify their actions that very well may be so but the problem that you and the authors of the piece you site is that you go around and place the blame on the Qu'ranic, or Hadithic as I am not sure where the term comes from exactly, rather than on the radicals who as this thread has shown are also interpreting it in the most narrow way. Radicals will interpret things in the most extreme way to favor them but that doesn't mean the concept is at fault. Such as in the US we have radicals who have interpreted parts of the US Constitution in the most extreme way to suit their agenda but that doesn't mean we hold the Constitution or the framers at fault.

This also goes back to the educated bigotry that Eboo Patel spoke about. He pointed out that for people like yourself and the author of the OP you know of terms like "Hijra" and "Taqiyah" but rather than look at the broad range of interpretations for those terms and the context they were formed you argue that only the interpretation put forward by the extremists is the correct one and only focus on that interpretation. That would be like arguing that the correct interpretation of the Second Amendment is the one advanced by Militia Groups.

#82 rocketsjudoka, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad you have seen that and hope you consider that in the future when you make arguments about Islamic concepts by citing those who have an axe to grind.

4. showtang043

showtang043 Member

well said

5. Bartski

Bartski New Member

I agree with your observation that it would be nonsense to think there's a "giant conspiracy in which all immigrants are involved." The problem lies in the numbers & prosperity. It doesn't take many , out of a total immigrant population; to sway political opinions & therefore the world & freedoms in which we live. Radical Islam involves the tactics of groups such as Islamic State, alNusra, AlSabbab , Al Qaeda, the Taliban, & others for whom no label applies. A most innocuous, although irritating; example occurred in Scotland several years ago. The local police department of a small town wanted to alert the community of a change in their non-emergency phone number. To do so; they put up posters in local businesses. To attract attention & to be public friendly; they included a picture of their mascot; a cute little puppy. The local Muslim population went ballistic. They complained loudly of the use of a dog in the posters; (dogs being 'haram' , or forbidden, by the Koran's words of Mohammed.) I'd imagine that very few immigrant Muslims are involved in some variation of 'Hijra", but their demands feed into the same ideal. It would be a travesty if any western population grew accustomed to omitting images of 'man's best friend' for fear of offending local Muslims. When in Rome, do as the Roman's do? They're in 'Rome; not Riyadh.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I see the ATW our resident Islamaphobe is at it again.

The Islamists are coming to get him in his living room in Germany.

The type of prejudice/hatred he exhibits should be seen for what it is-- one of the causes of the warped version of the Islam he is obsessed with.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I see you still lack the basic reading comprehension to look at the date of a thread.

Yes, I started a thread about that back then:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=185651

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Missionary Work . . .

Rocket River

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So a guy that just registered here over the past week knows which thread to search for from 4 yrs ago? You've been banned or this is a troll account.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree here. In Austin, my son's good friend who's Muslim (as is the rest of his family, of course) gets no special treatment, nor does his family. They work hard, pay taxes, the whole nine yards, and they are devout, practicing Muslims. But more related to the OP, I think a result of this will be a huge increase in a desire by many Europeans to take a step back from European political integration. How? By reinstating some level of border control within the EU, border checks of people going from, for example, Italy and France. As someone who traveled to Europe several times back when you'd get to the border of what are now EU countries on a train, for instance, and have your passport checked, your luggage possibly given a quick look (or a long look - depended on the country), I wouldn't mind it. Slows things down a little, but it really wasn't that big a deal - usually. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if this happens. It would be sad, but events appear to be pushing things in that direction, in my opinion.

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Wow -- spot on.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Ramble... ramble...platitude...ramble...vacant catchphrase...ramble.