1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN drops bomb on Ravens and the NFL -- They KNEW everything about Ray Rice video...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by torocan, Sep 19, 2014.

1. torocan

torocan Member

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dirt bags, all of them.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Minutes later, Rice's phone buzzed. He could scarcely believe what he was looking at-- back-to-back text messages from Bisciotti. Rice read them aloud so everyone in the room could hear them:

Hey Ray, just want to let you know, we loved you as a player, it was great having you here. Hopefully all these things are going to die down. I wish the best for you and Janay.

When you're done with football, I'd like you to know you have a job waiting for you with the Ravens helping young guys getting acclimated to the league.

A few days later, after thinking about it more, Rice told friends he believed Bisciotti was suggesting that, as long as he kept quiet and stuck to the story that he had misled team officials and Goodell about what had happened in the elevator, the Ravens would take care of him down the road. He felt incredibly insulted.[/rQUOTEr]

4. Major

Major Member

* Except John Harbaugh, it seems.

5. torocan

torocan Member

Yah, Harbaugh is one of the few that comes out looking like he's got integrity, as a coach and as a company man.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He and Patrick Petterson need to show up at The Women and Family Emergency Center on the 27th to help my friends and I out.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, good for him. I'm sure he had a lot of pressure to go along with this nonsense.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He felt insulted?????

:confused::mad::confused:
    DUDE!!

Rocket River

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

They should make a movie out of this...And i'd like to be John Harbaugh(the standup coach)...

I thought this to be the case before, and this ESPN article confirms it...Janay was devastated after she had her livelyhood ripped apart this month, after she thought to have saved Rice from a more severe punishment.

Other owners need to act and just get rid of Goodell. He might have had integrity before, but its all gone...sadly its a "value" on the NFL's mission statement.

Funny thing is that the Ravens had a long a$$ line to exchange Rice's jersey for another one. What do they do for fans that want refunds for Ravens gear...lol...Should have listened to John Harbaugh and the team wouldve been OK...and looked terrific as an organization that stands against domestic violence. Instead they chose to cover up, basically what kids do before their parents(the NFL fans) find out the real story.

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

If its true then several people lied including Goodell , can em all!

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ravens?src=hash">#Ravens</a> just issued statement saying OTL story &quot;contains numerous errors, inaccuracies, false assumptions and, perhaps, misunderstandings.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/513130246199971840">September 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;The Ravens will address all of these next week in Baltimore after our trip to Cleveland for Sunday's game against the Browns.&quot;</p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/513130468397432832">September 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. hairyme

hairyme Member

Whoa guys, I'm gonna drop a real bomb on you here...

Did you know that every day across this country, that actual judges of ya know, actual law let domestic abusers off the hook with light sentences or even slaps on the wrists??! Where's the outrage eh??

Oh that's right, you're directing it at the CEO of a large company who is trying to uphold a code of conduct--one much stricter than what the average citizen is held to at the average workplace--for his employees in addition to whatever legal consequences they face... and he has to enact all this in an extremely public setting where social media lets out bits of mis/information real-time for all to see and instantly criticize without any contextual basis in this big echo chamber that is the internet.

Oh, and now it's coming out that he possibly lied?? *GASP* Shall we impeach him?! What is he, the president?? Big deal.

This is a lot of fake controversy going on here. We all apparently got over that ******* Ray Lewis getting away scot-free from, at the least, being an accomplice to murder, so any of you guys trying to get on a high horse now just look silly.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Thats not the point, the point is, He was judge and jury against players and coaches(Saints) and if you lied well that was the dagger. If it is found out that he lied then he loses all credibilty and should suffer what he dished out and then some. I cant see how he didnt know other than putting his fingers in his ears, closing his eyes and chanting "lalalalala, I cant hear you". He knew, he seen it, he lied..

15. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah except when Harbaugh called him a high character guy in training camp. If I remembered it correctly he also said Rice had a lot of integrity.

Everyone has dirt on their face in this one, but I agree Harbaugh overall comes out of this the best.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Times change and the opinions people hold change. You have to start somewhere.

I have no idea if this will make real league wide and industry wide changes, but people being disgusted by the Ray Rice situation and handling by the NFL is a good thing.

You used to be able to call homosexuals, blacks, women and the disabled names and eventually people wouldn't tolerate it.

The fact is, if Ray Rice hadn't gone Mike Tyson Punch Out on his girlfriend he would be getting ready for Sunday. If the NFL and Roger Goodell hadn't had the hubris to insult the fans, he would be counting the million dollars a week he makes.

The NFL and Ray Rice are in the public eye, they knew that from day one.

17. baubo

baubo Member

My translation of that is "It was basically correct but we have to nitpick because it's all we have left."

18. torocan

torocan Member

Well, calling Don Van Natta Jr. a hack or a liar would be a really, really bad option.

DVN Jr. has TWO Pulitzer Prizes from his time with the NY Times, so trying to discredit him would be a serious error on the part of the Ravens given the NFL's credibility is pretty darn low right now.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

worse than anything Donald Sterling ever did

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yeah ESPN really dropping the bomb on the NFL and Goodell, by finally doing some reporting and airing a critical story 7 months after the fact when it's bcome too big to ignore after/in between shilling for the NFL relentlessly.

#worldwideleader

TMZ dropped a bomb on the NFL. ESPN? they pretty much specialize in cleaning the poop stains off of its underpants.