1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Johnson to D-League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMac'n, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nice. Seems like the spark off the bench we need. Give him a couple of months in the D-League and then let's give him a shot at the Rockets backup 2 spot. Throughout preseason and summer league he always seemed like he grasped the NBA game very well.

I'm less worried about losing Terry because I'm sure between Daniels and Johnson, they will be able to be productive if Terry needs to be moved in a trade.

2. bongman

bongman Member

Video is private

3. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Work that d-league hard, Johnson. Then come back up and get some minutes wit the Rox.

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Tell 'em, Nick Johnson, Tell 'em!

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

looks like a highschool game but I'll take it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_2cmekqsry0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

He was just sent back to the Valley. I guess McHale was not impressed last night? Or will Shved be back?

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

He does not show much within the time he gets on the court. Shved has more to bring to the team than Johnson right now. Overall a better ball handler and shooter.

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

don't understand why mchale played johnson more than caanan these last couple of weeks. he's not ready.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Too bad they didn't send the rest of the team! Other than Harden/DMo... I think that'd be great... See if Howard/Smith can do something in D-league, then maybe they can win something there.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

To be honest , Howard /smith have tons of talents but they commits Rockie's mistakes so DLeage might help

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I know man, it's so frustrating, I mean I was being more facetious with my comment but you do have a point.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It is clear now that Nick Johnson was the team cancer ailing the Rockets. Everyone is much more at ease and motivated without him around.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Johnson can make good improvement there,and then come back to the team ala Aaron Brooks.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nick Johnson has a future in the NBA, with his abilities and athleticism, and high BBall IQ - he could be special - the sky is the limit.

If he continues to develop he could be the best of both Bev and Canaan - a two way player.

DD

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I wonder if Morey did this to force Kevin to play Canaan. Seems like NJ would always play ahead of Canaan for some reason. Of course, I'm not sure who makes these moves, the coaching staff or the FO, but I assume the FO. I personally don't see what NJ offers that this team lacks right now and would much rather see Canaan out there.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Rockets announce they have recalled guard Nick Johnson from the <a href="https://twitter.com/nbadleague">@nbadleague</a> -League.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/569977770291245056">February 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I can see JET's minutes dipping. Starting to become a liability.

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Starting point guard tonight? lolol

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love Bev and his passion, but the guy is out of control at times now that he's a starter. And he is so streaky as a shooter. Once Nick refines his 3 point shooting, he should be a better fit next to Harden. His BB IQ is so high, combined with his athleticism and hustle, looking forward to him taking the next step.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm... Haven't seen much from Nick Johnson this year. Hopefully we give him a look, we need someone to break through and fix this mess of a back court.