1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Wojnarowski = Best Draft Coverage

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crash5179, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

That means you care more about hanging out at the bar with friends than the spoilers. You can safely avoid them at home if that is paramount.

Or unclench your sphincter and realize the whole world (Woj, other people in public) don't have to cater to your preferences. You want the social experience? You take the good with the bad. That's how life works.

2. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

You can only control your own behavior. Your mom should have taught you that when you were five.

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

If someone enjoys the ceremony on TV, that's cool. Then just watch that at home. If you want the social experience, have a draft party at home with people of the same mind set.

Going out in public is always a invitation for other people to annoy you. That's life.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

First off, quit saying this is more than one person. This is just one person, Woj. Quit with the argument that we are against the masses. We aren't. We are talking about one person. The only person who has this "news" seconds before Silver.

Second, let's get one thing straight. Would you go to a sports bar for the Draft and call out Woj's tweets to be cool. And tell everyone who complains to "get with the times."

Would you do that?

If you do, you are a dick. And the people who do that are dicks. Just plain and simple. It serves no purpose other than to get attention. Woj is feeding that type of behavior.

So go ahead and tell us that people are dicks, and we just have to learn to deal with it. The point is that is flying over your head is that Woj is being a dick, because he has a vendetta against ESPN. That's just fact. Woj isn't reporting news (30 seconds before "ceremony" ) he is just being a dick.

Clutch would never do what Woj is doing. And that was proven by Clutch not once going into his Draft Day Chat thread to steal the thunder from Silver.

You seem unable to comprehend that.

#64 heypartner, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Wow! You were at the same Sports Bar that Woj made his draft night headquarters and got to hear him call out the picks live in person!

No, I would be talking to the group at my own table and if you heard it, tough.

Dicks exist. You can either waste energy complaining about them or you can do the only thing you have control over and remove yourself from their company. I'm just giving you pragmatic advice. There's a solution to your spoiler phobia, but you think it's better to complain than adopt it.

6. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

There's a history between ESPN and Wojnarowski. If you're familiar with the history between them, then you understand that he's most likely doing it to kill their draft ratings as much as he can.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Chad Ford is doing the same thing. Inside info to best determine his Mock. Chad Ford doesn't know any better who will select who.

If you want someone who is better at judging talent follow Givony at draftexpress. His top 100 prospects is better than anything else available free to the public. But for inside reliable info Woj is Gawd.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Can someone summarize the history between Woj and ESPN?

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Woj and the draft is clearly a polarizing subject. Personally I love the Woj tweets and apparently so does a lot of other people. I'm not in it for the suspense. I just want to know who the hell was drafted, but thats just me.

I'm not going to start telling someone else how they should enjoy draft night, that is a personal decision. if suspense is your thing then thats fine. For me personally, I watch the ESPN coverage and still monitor Woj twitter and enjoy it better that way.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Watching live in any medium has an element of suspense. But for me, I watch because it's the best coverage for discussions of who is picked. I don't follow college, so this is part of learning about the next crop of rookies. And it helps me better remember who went where by matching a face to the pick.

We also have fun guessing who the next pick is. The pace of ESPN's coverage is better suited for that, because they wait the full 5 minutes. I just don't see the value in knowing sooner, especially since he was wrong about the Rockets, anyhow.

12. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I like Woj tweets, it's actually adds to the entertainment factor for me. Why rob me of that?

Judging by this thread, he provides a service that at least a good amount of people enjoy.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Exactly. Completely agree with your post.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I see heypartner's point on this. (And I usually dont agree with his opinions)

The "ceremony" and "social" aspect can give the experience some enhancement. Even though
    drafting is a rudimentary process thats OVER-ceremonious now, its just the mannerly thing to do in not giving away activity before it happens.

Why have ANY VIEWING event or any ceremony when you already know days/hours/minutes in advance what is gonna happen? In ANYTHING, not just sports

Given a choice of having media put out a bunch of MISINFORMATION strictly for the views and ratings, and having the early Woj scoop, will take the Woj scoop over a bunch of fluff and hot air. But a ceremony is usually finality to events, why not just let it do its intended goal.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

How come you people singling out Woj aren't bringing up Marc Stein or David Aldridge? Both of those guys spoiled picks before they were announced too.

Don't say it's just one person when it's not. I know this because I was following along my NBA list of tweets. There were about 3-4 guys AT LEAST that were announcing picks before they happened. Best thing to do is to avoid twitter if you don't want it spoiled.

Also the NFL draft had spoilers as well with reporters. So anyone saying that the NFL draft doesn't have spoilers is either misinformed or lying. Either way, it's bull****.

16. MistaK

MistaK Member

Didn't read the entire argument between you guys but have to say that it's easy to see where heypartner is coming from. By the sounds of it there was one guy at the bar calling out Woj's tweets. If you are at a sports bar to enjoy the draft coverage, then yeah that is annoying! If on top of that heypartner asked the guy to stop calling out the tweets and he didn't, then yeah he was definitely being a dick! Just imagine you are at the movies and you have someone sitting a few rows behind you screaming out what the next scene is going to be. Are you just going to take it and let that one guy ruin your enjoyment? Probably not.

Of course he could have watched the draft at home, but maybe he prefers to watch it with friends, in public over couple of drinks on a big screen - why does he have to remove himself because of one guy?? Clearly that guy doesn't know how to behave in public.

Also removing yourself from unwanted company can't be your solution to everything now, can it?? Doing that, you will not get to enjoy much of what life has to offer!

..Because frankly, you will face a lot of dicks in life - most of the time, you will be able to just ignore them, but sometimes you just have to speak up and tell them to cut it out...And more often than not that will sort out the problem.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I guess I don't understand the need/desire to know who will be drafted by a team 20 minutes before most everyone else. If I'm actually involved in the drafting process, sure, but as an outside observer what difference does it really make?

18. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

ahahahahaha

19. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Woj most likely gets the info when the team officially submits the pick. All of the teams know the info and are working a few picks ahead of the broadcast. It's not like teams are waiting for the commissioner to announce it.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

f espn. they hate the rockets because of root sports anyway. long live the woj bombs.