1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Father speaks with his new transgender son

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dei, Jul 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dei

Dei Member

Watch this father die inside.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r6AQ_85U7Q0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a reminder that homosexuality was classified as a mental disease until liberals changed it.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

3. Dei

Dei Member

Two wrongs don't make a right. But at least they're trying. What's evil are the enablers of a mental illness.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Why do you care so much OP? It's 2016. Not like it personally affect you.

1 person likes this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It is sad how much the father is suffering from all the homophobia conditioned into him.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

because murrrrrrica!

7. Dei

Dei Member

But it does because I am a sympathetic person who feels the pain of a father whose son has been bastardized and is humiliating himself and his family on national TV.

8. prohibido

prohibido Member

It seems like you have some unresolved issues. I too am a sympathetic person. So I'll share with you some potentially useful resources.

https://www.susans.org/wiki/index.php/Sex_change

http://www.abgender.com/sex-change.htm

That's a starting point. Good luck with your journey, Dei.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm sorry it's fairly hard to respond really to your opening post without being flippant.

There is nothing to fix though. If someone has mental problems or psychologically damaged from being raped for example. Then if someone offers, or they seek out help that's fine. Who wouldn't want that for someone?

Some people are born that way though and nothing will ever change that. Unless you are far in the future and want to alter the DNA of your child before they are born.

My son is six years old right now. If he ended up becoming a woman one day, so be it. It damn well better not be because of some outside forces that have scarred him that results in that. Then though at that point, yes I would get him counselling.

Otherwise if it is something that he just feels, that he is not a man in his heart. Then I will be fine with that. I know I wont be crying and feeling pity like it was my fault.

I suppose I would have to admit that I would not want that to happen. That is for several reasons though, and ones that I will keep to myself. I will say though that I wouldn't love him an ounce less. Which I love that kid more than I thought I could ever love anything.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Dei seems like a nice and tolerant person.

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Transgenderism is the only mental illness where it is encouraged to match reality to your mind and not change your mind to match reality. I think it's doing a disservice to trans people. Like people with BDD who get nose jobs and still hate their nose.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Being 'transgender' most times has much more to do with hormone levels and other physical traits than just the 'mind'.

13. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

The father did not act like a father. Short of condoning illegal acts, parents should always support their children.

The "son" spoke like a father and the father comes off as juvenile.

14. Dei

Dei Member

No, Carl. It's disgusting there are sick people in the world supporting a mental illness and looking down on a perfectly normal person's reaction to a very sad personal event by saying they have a problem.

15. Dei

Dei Member

He probably worked hard to raise that boy properly and he turned out a freakshow. The guy just cried his heart out and you're calling him that. There's something incredibly wrong with you.

16. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I dunno, if the alternative to gender reassignment is shooting up a gay club, this is the lesser evil.

Didn't bother watching the video, looks like it's from those stupid talk shows.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes. You should get help for your mental illness instead of looking down on us normal people.

18. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I worked hard for my sons. Parenthood is a responsibility and a duty.

If they are not doing anything illegal or immoral acts, parents should always support their children. In front of many people, this father turned his back on "his son" with that juvenile actuations simply because the son made a choice as an adult.

Did you consider what the son feel at that moment? What is wrong with you?

19. Dei

Dei Member

Your sentences aren't even coherent anymore Carl.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think you are referring to social norms. Sure this guy cutting off his junk and dressing a different way then most men do may be weird to us, but he's not defying reality, the reality is he did it, whether it's normal or acceptable to us is another story unrelated to what reality is.

On a separate note, I can't stand shows like that. Making entertainment for others out of a serious personal and family issue isn't cool.