1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should make a move for Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 9, 2006.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yao and Tmac's offensive skillset are a perfect match for Adelman's motion offense. They will both amass multiple assists and Yao will easily be viewed as the best passing big man in history of the game.

Rockets will become one of the most entertaining teams to watch in the league.

Think about this. No more predictable BORING JVG offense.

Adelman's offense is very flexible. Goes very well with half court/fast break. When game slows down he also runs the post offense. But a helluva lot motion of fthe ball!!!! If Webber wasnt such a pansy, and Peja had a heart, Kings would have had atleast 2 championships.

Yao/Tmac >>>>>> Webber/Peja.

Demote JVG to defensive assignments and hire Adelman for offense!!!

#1 Zboy, May 9, 2006
    Last edited: May 9, 2006
  2. dischead

dischead Member

I Concur

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Please CD. Get it done!

In the same season you had a chance to get....

1. Phil Jackson. STRIKE
    2. Colangelo. STRIKE (yeah, you should have fired yourself)

Avoid the 3rd one!!!! GET ADELMAN!

#3 Zboy, May 9, 2006
  4. dream2franchise

There is a chance Yao could lose his beast menatality he's developed over the last half of the season.

Don't get me wrong, i'd prefer him as coach. I just don't want Yao relegated to a spot up shooter, but someone as clever as Adelman shouldn't let that happen.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Adelman ran several post plays for Webber in Sac. The problem was Webber is one of biggest pansies to ever play the game. It is a testament to Adelman as a coach that he took kings as far as he did considering his 2 of the top 3 players, Peja and Webber, just disappeared for him.

Like you said, Adelman is no fool. He will not take away Yao's post game. He will make it better by adding elements to it. Yao will have several cutters to pass to. He will have more room in the post because defenders wont be locking up on him (motion means unpredictability). He will give Yao and Tmac the freedom to run offense based on feel, instead of running a machine like boring offense.

6. dream2franchise

You've just sold me. I don't see it happening but i am in favour of it.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, I agree. I mean look at all the teams Adelman has taken to the championships! Especially with teams like the Kings where he had absolutely no talent to work with, like Webber, Peja, etc. What a bunch of stiffs!

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

oh sarcasm!!

Yes, Peja and Webber were STIFFS in playoffs! That is no secret. Would the other talent you are alluding to be Christie?!?! Another choker in crunch time. That's 3/5 of your starting lineup that would just disappear in playoffs.

In spite of such a handicap, he came a Dick bevetta away from winning a ring.

Oh, you are right though. We surely dont want to get rid of JVG, the master of bling-bling, in favor of Adelman, now do we?

#8 Zboy, May 9, 2006
  9. verse

verse Contributing Member

bibby was no stiff in the playoffs.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No he was not. But Webber/Peja/Christie certainly were heartless. Like I said, that's 3/5 of the starting lineup!! Any team would be hard pressed to win a ring with that kind of Houdini act. In spite of this handicap, Adelman came one call away from advancing to Finals past a Shaq/Kobe led team coached by Phil Jackson.

Have people forgottten Peja being hounded by pretty Rick Fox?

Does no one remember Webber throwing up bricks after bricks from jump hooks and jumpshots when asked upon to deliver in crunchtime?

How about game 7 when Christie and Peja were left open for wide open jumpers for potential game winners and they airballed?

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Adelman's teams put up wins in the regular season with panache,but they don't finish the race...pretty to look at,but not enough defense and halfcourt execution.

12. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Rick Adelman never took the Kings to the NBA finals..

13. dream2franchise

Once again he needs players with balls down the stretch, that is why the Kings could never avance past that final stage. He has been to the finals before, he knows what it takes, he just needs players with ice in their veins and a will to win.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Does taking Portland Trailblazers to the finals TWICE count?

Only Dick Bevetta stood between Kings and the Finals.

15. sourav004

sourav004 Member

The only problem i have with getting Rick is that everyone knows defense win championships and i think its more important to have a defensive minded head coach. Offense is fun to watch but i rather have a championship team.
    -Lal Salam

16. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

why does dick bavetta screw up things for so many teams?

17. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Sacramento Queens

18. dream2franchise

The Kings looked pretty good defensively once Artest came along, sometimes the players need to take it upon themselves to step up the intensity. The Kings were just poor defenders, who had no interest in D except for Doug Christie.

Besides, as the original thread stated, in this ideal situation, JVG would be our defensive coach.

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've always respected Adelman as he seems to not have that giant ego and is a very good coach.That said,I tend to think Les would go for an even bigger "name" were Gundy to get the axe.(which I hope he does)As an organization,I believe the Rockets are a destination where many a NBA player or coach would like to be now.It appears that we would almost have our pick at the moment...I don't want to SETTLE here when we shouldn't.

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

ahh,

I wish JVG could respond to this thread

sooooooooooooo boring!