1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

***UFC The Final Chapter***

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Nashvegas, Oct 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

Tonight, 7pm on Spike TV

Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock
    Kendall Grove vs. Chris Price
    Matt Hamill vs. Seth Petruzelli
    Ed Herman vs. Jason MacDonald

Not the best card, but it's free. I hope Tito kills Ken....again

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

final chapter? does this mean they wont be showing stupid fights anymore?

3. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

it's the final chapter of the Tito vs Ken saga :D

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

..... :(

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

damn....i gotta watch the rockets at 7

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

there has to be something other than repeated beatdowns for it to be a saga...

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i'm going to watch that ECW Strip Poker thing.

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Shamrock stood no chance...once again fight ended really soon, Ortiz just dominated him

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Wow.

Ken got his ass whooped again. Tito pwns his soul.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

wOW that was shocking, can't wait for number 4.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've never watched a UFC fight before and I can't say after seeing that Shamrock-Ortiz scrap that I'll ever want to again.

It looked to me like they were trying to
    FOCK
    each other the whole time.

12. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

that was lame...
    no wonder it was free.

13. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Yeah that was lame. Basically Shamrock-Ortiz II except Big John is the one who stops it this time. Though, I wonder what was going through Shamrock's head when Tito got the underhooks in the first 20 seconds and literally picked Shamrock up and carried him across the Octagon.

14. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

ken apologizing while tito was giving him the finger was sad :(

basically ken realized finally he is the lesser fighter, and tried to go out with some dignity. it was kinda two faced of him.

all this time we have been forced fed how much they hate eachother, and ken went up to tito and told him it was all business? com'on!!! :mad:

15. Ognilecaf

Ognilecaf Member

Yea that pisses me off too....Boxers do that **** all the time

16. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Im just glad Tito didnt kill Ken. I was worried about a death in the octagon. :( Ken did alot for MMA and it sucks to see him not know when to say goodbye.
    Well looks like Tito gets his shot at Chuck next. Too bad the Iceman is gonna KO him again. Chuck will stuff Tito's takedowns and drop bombs.

I was somewhat surprised at that MacDonald guy taking out Short Fuse Herman so easily though. His ground game was great.

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Shamrock talks a lot about how Ortiz is disrespectful, but after watching a lot of TUF I, I realized that it was Shamrock who was the disrespectful one. The Ultimate Fighter had 2 teams and each guy had to train their teams to fight eachother leading up to Shamrock Ortiz II which happened a few months ago.

Anyhow, during the shows, it became apparent that Ortiz actually cared about his guys. He even took some of Shamrocks guys under his wing. Shamrocks team was always complaining about how Ken never trained them. All he ever talked about was respect and all he ever did was watch tape of his losing fight with Tito.

It was obvious that Ken only took the gig to get another shot at Tito. While Tito actually cared about passing on the sport, Ken only cared about himself. Ken is a legend and a great fighter in his time, but he suffers from Derek Anderson delusions, which I think he finally got put to rest yesterday.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That whole "feud" between Ortiz and Shamrock seemed very contrived to me from the get go. Their arguments during the show when they were training the fighters (well, Ortiz was training them) seemed staged. Reminded me of Shamrock's days with the WWF.

Even the aftermath of last night's fight (or beatdown) seemed VERY staged to me.

19. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

Nothing shocking about the Ken vs. Tito fight. That is the only way it could have gone. The interesting fight is when Tito fights Liddell. Ed Hermann was a huge disappointment, while Kendall Grove looks like he has a lot of potential. Matt Hamil has some of the worst striking I have ever seen and needs to train for at least a few more years before he can be any sort of contender in the LHW division.

20. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

i cant stand ed "short fuse" herman. the guy talks so much shyt and cant back it up. he also seems abit....... lets just say "slow" when he speaks.