1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Corey Brewer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hip surgery? He is probably done for good.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So he'll give them up for the right price

You don't think morey has the assets and creativity to make it happen?

And lol at ainge not dealing with morey. He'll deal if it makes sense.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sounds like this was the backup deal all along. The deal sure wont make Papanikolaou feel warm and fuzzy about being a Rocket after the trade deadline.

Brewer will be a good pickup for the Rockets. He represents about 6 fast break points you wouldn't get with almost any other NBA player in the league. After this deal I'll be really interested in what Morey does at the deadline afterwards.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

But it has to makes sense to Ainge though.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Elephant in the room here, who do you cut if we trade for Brewer? What two players are we cutting if its both Brewer and Turiaf?

6. baubo

baubo Member

I think it’s not that difficult. Include Black in the trade. Then cut Garcia. Give them a low 2nd rounder as opposed to a high one like the Knicks. Black is redundant with Dwight and Jones coming back.

7. newAge_Rockets

I really hope we get someone tonight or tomorrow. Our depth is really lacking since McHale doesn't necessarily trust Canaan, Daniels on the defensive end and Nick J on the offensive.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The kid would have to show great improvement in order for that to happen.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Negative much?

10. dobro1229

Id think ideally you'd have to think Dorsey and Daniels if Minny will take them unless Morey is substituting Johnson or Capela for the 2nd rounder/s they would be otherwise giving Minnesota in the deal.

Their 2 deals combined make about 1.7 mil next year guaranteed so every bit wiped off the cap for next year with players that aren't really making an impact is the ultimate goal.

I know both players have had their moments but we need to be honest about how much the Rockets are really going to be relying on them down the stretch. Daniels is duplicated by Terry, and Dorsey is duplicated by Black. That's really the only way I see it. I'm not giving up on Johnson and Capela in year 1 by any means if its me, but there is a possibility they get subbed for the pick they'd be giving up instead.

1 person likes this.
  11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Brewer and Wright acquisition would be solid

12. dobro1229

Yeah I do kind of wonder if the Rondo trade changed Morey's plans a little bit with the Brewer trade. I'd have to think that trading for Wright instead of Brewer would have a much greater impact seeing as though Dwight is likely to miss more and more time as the season goes on.

My guess though is that Ainge wanted Wright mostly so he could flip him at the deadline, and combine his salary with someone elses. So not sure what is going to happen with him in Boston, but if I'm Morey, I'm intrigued.

13. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Why wouldn't we just cut Turiaf?

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You would, but you'd still have to cut one more to make room for Brewer.

My guess is Garcia. It would be between Daniels and Garcia (a wing player), but Daniels has more upside and the importance of Garcia's "vet experience" would be lessened with Brewer on the bench.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Aw c'mon man. I see dallas with a home run trade and i'm supposed to get all giddy about Corey F'n Brewer and possibly Turiaf? I can't get jiggy with this ****!!

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Go be a Sac fan then. I heard they are going after Josh Smith.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Very recent <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Twolves?src=hash">#Twolves</a>-Rockets talks include Turiaf going to Houston too, I'm told. Hear same as <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen">@Jonathan_Feigen</a> that it's getting close.</p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/545744286143098880">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yes, well aware of Turiaf's status. Called a throw-in. Talks continue. Not done yet. Flip often doesn't really react until has to. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/twolves?src=hash">#twolves</a></p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/545745586297659392">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Nothing official. Just told talks progressing &amp; that's one proposal. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/ernestshoo">@ernestshoo</a>: mean Turiaf to Hou. w/ Brew? How soon can we see that?</p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/status/545760197130858496">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Old as mold. ^^

19. Raven

Raven Member

Fixed

:)

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Any word on who goes to Minny? If anyone?

Would be interested to see who gets the minutes off the bench if they just dump him for a 2nd or something.

Canaan
    Terry
    Pap
    Brewer

Probably depends on who we're playing.