1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with iPhone 5 Charger

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Aug 19, 2014.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

Mine did the same thing. A few days later the cord stopped charging. Looks like it was coming apart where the coed met the plug.

Got a new one at Walgreens for few bucks.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I've probably gone through more. The 10 ft ones last about a week.

The cheapest Walmart cord seems to do fine but it's probably best to just pick up a real Apple one at Radio Shack or something. I don't trust the "real" ones online.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

FYI- if you want to get more life out of your lightning charger, pick up a heat shrink tube kit at Harborfreight or Fry's and some ballpoint pens for the spring. Put a spring on both ends of the cord at the jacket and heat shrink tube it all together. (you can get the heat shrink jacket in any color)

[​IMG]

My bad, I meant six FEET.

Spoilered for huge picture of long, thick black cable.
    [​IMG]

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

That's pretty cool, it'd be even cooler if Apple did that for us though. Everyone I know who has an iPhone has the issue with the wire tearing at the connector.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Buy a Windows Phone with wireless charging. Problem solved.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, next time, and I ain't even lying. iPhone 5 has been disappoint.

LOL @ the pink legwarmers up there ^^. I love it.