1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets doomed to be AVERAGE.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Not good enough to win Championship.....not bad enough to be in the lottery.

Yao...and this current team is not good enough. And the Rockets will not get one of the big FAs. Ask the Oakland A's how many championships "Moneyball" has brought them? They make the playoffs...and lose in the first round EVERYTIME.

**** Morey.

1 person likes this.
  2. Texxx

Texxx Member

This is extremely ignorant. That's all you can say and it's just hat simple to you.

Morey has been a fantastic GM.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Was this post meant to be posted before we advanced in the playoffs last year? Or are you just that dumb? :confused:

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At the risk of getting rookified I'm still going to say it, "YOUR A MORON"!

Ask the Wizards, Hornets, Clippers and any other team that think you can buy a championship if Morey sucks.

you don't like Morey well your in the 1%.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

You just watched that Kentucky game didn't you?

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Wrong on so many levels....by the way check out the 2006 ALCS, Detrot vs OAKLAND.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And here I thought my work was done.

(Strapping back on the Posting Hasmat suit and hitting the GARM).

;)

DD

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I am going to go out and say that without Morey this team would be worse than the Nets.

10. YaosDirtyStache

I got rookified for asking for pictures of a woman newswriter, yet this guy can bash DM and remain unscathed? Tragic.
    In NO way should you ever throw DM under the bus, best GM without a doubt. You need your brain checked man.

11. blink

blink Contributing Member

i have to agree, it seems the most likely outcome with all of this is an average team for a long time to come. however, i do think daryl has put us in the best position, given our situation, to make a surprising move.

problem is, we stand a very low low low chance to make it to the championship and/or build a championship team. championship teams have franchise players that they can go to (paul pierce, duncan, kobe, shaq, hakeem)... yao ming is not a go to player. this isnt anyone's fault, only 1 team out of 30 can be a champion and, usually, 1 team out of 30 can draft a sure fire high impact frachise-type player.

anyway, point is, rockets arent going to draft anyone that will put us into contention immediately or in the near future. rockets arent going to trade for anyone that will put us into contention immediately or in the near future. in short, we're doomed to be mediocre for a looooooooooong time.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The rockets are a marginal playoff team, may or may not make it. So, we still have a chance to be in the lottery.

13. echu888

echu888 Member

Dear mr armchair GM, what kind of genius moves would you have done and not done over the last 2 years? Thanks I'm advance for your thoughtful insights.

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

What an idiot... We lost in the first round last year? News to me!

Average teams can become championship teams easier than lottery teams. I can guarantee you the Nets wont be even average in the next few season.

You're dumb, your mother should have aborted you. Find me a coat hanger and I'll abort a grown man.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

In that case, we could get the no.1 pick...

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

I don't know why i'm responding to this nonsense, but...

Just for the record, when Morey started with the Rockets, he was a HUUUUUGE McGrady fan. To the point when I remember him being accused of not being objective about him.

This was never McGrady's team (nor is it Moreys). If Adleman and Les Alexander didn't agree, we never would have honored MCGRADY'S request for a trade.

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

And end up like the Bulls, wooo!

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

According to our current record, you are wrong.

/thread

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The point is Oakland....has not made it anywhere playing moneyball. GM gets a bunch of praise, yet.....no championships to show for it. Plus there are seasons where the A's are REALLY BAD...because of their constant turnover to less expensive players. Morey is not got Oakland's extremes....but his lack of willing to give McGrady a chance is IDIOTIC. If you don't want him at the end of the season......just let him walk. Don't take on a DUMB contract just to get rid of him. Morey's EGO is bigger than the Toyota Center.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Bulls have a brighter future...