1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX26] Europe May Become Option for Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

HOUSTON -- The agent for restricted free agent forward Carl Landry told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday playing outside the NBA may become an option for his client.

Landry played his rookie year with the Houston Rockets during the 2007-2008 season.

The Atlanta Hawks lost restricted free agent guard Josh Childress to the Greek club Olympiakos Wednesday. Like Childress, Landry is a restricted free agent. The Hawks could match any offer Childress gets from an NBA club but that option doesn't exist for teams outside the NBA.

Landry and the Rockets are in a similar situation.

"Carl would entertain all serious offers," said Buddy Baker, Landry's agent. "There is serious interest in Carl by both other NBA teams and internationally."

Landry averaged 8.1 points and 4.9 rebounds a game during his first year in the NBA.

"Carl and his agent are doing what they think is best for him and if that includes exploring Europe that is their right to do that," said Daryl Morey, Houston Rockets General Manager.

"We continue to want Carl as a Rocket. We have a difference of opinion on the next steps to get him re-signed, but we have not changed our desire to see him return."

2. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

LOL this is hilarious. No chance in hell Landry goes to Europe. He needs to hire a new agent.

3. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

i was JUST thinking the exact same thing

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

then again who would of thought Childress would bail?

Baker is trying everything to drive the price up though, that much is clear.

5. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is starting to get to be ridiculous !! I'm on the edge of saying " Bye Bye Landry !!" He's coming off of his rookie season where he was hurt. He was hurt in college so has not played one full season healthy in a few years. I'm getting tired of these NBA players who don't even go one full healthy year to prove themselves before asking for all this money !!!! GREED !!!!!!!

6. Breaker

Breaker Member

Can someone please order a hit on Buddy Baker?

This guy is becoming worst then Drew Rosenhaus. :rolleyes:

He bluffing, IMO. Maybe it's an option for Baker, but I doubt Landry would go that route.

7. bbjai

bbjai Member

Yes but Childress is a proven commodity

Landry is not

8. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen !!!!!!!!

9. tested911

tested911 Member

Obviously you don't see how $$$$$ can change a person.. Just remember that basketball is business and everything is about money$.

10. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

I'm calling Buddy Baker's bluff here. He would have never mentioned Landry's so called international option had Childress stayed.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Buddy Baker has Euro connections,I don't think he has any firm offers as yet otherwise we would be hearing more of it. He is trying to force the Rockets into overpaying for his services but I don't think that DM will end up paying him the MLE. Losing Landry will hurt but I wouldn't give him the MLE either. In hindsight it would have been better to sign Carl to a 2 year guaranteed contract and leave the MLE to target UFA's.

12. tulexan

tulexan Member

if there is so much interest in him, where are all of the offers?

13. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Carl Landry is Buddy Baker's "Rod Tidwell".

or Buddy Baker is Carl's "Jerry McGuire".

either way the Cardinals overpaid for Tidwell

and we'll end up doing the same with Landry.

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I don't know about him bluffing, but the fact that Childress bailed to Europe for better money is going to be something every agent is gonna use from now on. I almost wish some NBA team would throw an offer at Landry just to get this over with.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Make an offer to Walter Herrmann (Last season's salary: $1,944,000) he can cover 3 & 4. Provides the backup with D at the 3 and is a better defender than Scola or Landry at the 4.

16. spankz141

spankz141 Member

LOL, if soo many teams are interested in Landry, why hasn't he signed to an offer sheet yet??? BLUFF!

17. kupogrey

kupogrey Member

I'm definitely sick of the circus this situation has become.

18. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Good one.

But am I the only one who thinks that the longer the holdout, the less money Landry will get? We're approaching August, and if Landry can't reach a deal by then, will teams have enough money to sign him for the money Baker is asking for? Either the Rockets will end up keeping Landry for less than the MLE or they'll match a similar offer, or some Euro team will give him good money and he'll have options like Childress has to where he can come back to America after every season.

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Exactly, Buddy Baker is grasping at straws here in an attempt to drive up Landry's price. He's a little b**** of an agent and I hope Morey continues to play hardball with him... his inability to comply with simple requests (physical, etc.) make his intentions transparent.

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I'm pissed now. :mad:

Don't worry Breaker,I've got "friends" that will take care of Buddy. ;)