1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dale Davis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Aug 21, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I believe that he just signed a contract for 5 years. Now I also heard that he would consider a trade out of Indiana if he was making more money. Now I not sure, but I dont think contracts can be re-negotiated, but if we used our 4.5 to bring him on, then gave him an extra year maybe he would wanna come here. That gives us a durable guy who can play PF, and some center. His isnt a great offensive player, but looks decent.

What do you guys think.

------------------
    www.ScottiePippen=Sissy.com

2. Gascon

Gascon Member

I don't like the length of the contract, but I like the thought of him in a Rockets uniform. Talk about stability.....

------------------
    "Have I not here the best cards in the game to win this easy match played for a crown?....."

Bill Shakespeare

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think overall the stability he would bring is the best thing. He is nothing but solid, and that is what we need.

------------------
    www.ScottiePippen=Sissy.com

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Thanks Achebe, I was confused, he added 2 years to a 3 year contract, making it 5.

------------------
    My house just burned down, and my mother died. But who cares, The rockets won!!!!!!

6. Gascon

Gascon Member

In that case, I think he would be a perfect fit......but can we get him?

------------------
    "Have I not here the best cards in the game to win this easy match played for a crown?....."

Bill Shakespeare

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

The Pacers are planning on another run at the championship and resigned everyone but Mark Jackson. There is absolutely NO way they will give up Davis unless they feel that it is the missing piece to getting them the championship. Their decisions will be extra important in light of the overhauling of the Heat and that possiblity for the Knicks.

There are are only two players that would enter into a discussion between the Rocks and the Pacers. We will not swap Cato for Davis and they don't want Walt Williams (or KT or Drew - get real).

They have plenty of young players (Bender, Harrington, Brezec, Walls) so they are not worried about rebuilding. They want the ring and they want it NOW. And there is no one we would part with that can help them.

------------------
    GATER

8. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Let's change this to an Antonio Davis thread then. Then it'll be easier to make the bridge to talking about Oak coming here.

------------------
    I've posted so much that what I say must be true.

The latest on Maurice Taylor

9. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Now your talking heb. Antonio would be an awesome pick-up for the Rocks. He brings the same things to the table as Dale, only a lot more offense.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

10. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Said it before and it's worth repeating -

Antonio Davis is a near perfect fit for the Rockets. There is no downside this match.

The salaries don't match up real well, but how about Walt to the Nets, a Rocks draft pick to the Raptors, Feick from the Nets to the Raptors, and Antonio D to Houston.

Junkyard Dog Williams is second to Antonio on my list.

------------------
    GATER