1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Granville

Granville Member

Don't recall saying anything about his clothing. Not sure where you dug that up. So that's totally irrelevant. The R word is a pretty offensive term to toss around just to make some irrelevant point. That says a lot about your character.

Go look up neighborhood watch on Wikipedia. For that matter, any citizen can ask you what you are doing somewhere. You can ignore them, answer them, call the police or assault them. The latter has a lot of consequences.

Some of that information is not at this point factual or even relevant. Just because you put 2 and 2 together and come up with 73 does not make something a fact or information worthy of making apoint with.

So... He carried it to defend himself and is now claiming he needed it to defend himself from being attacked and fear for his life.

Show me the evidence of Z "chasing" M after he was asked to discontinue "following" M. Here's the difference in your version of confronting. If you confront someone using your fists... You could go to jail. Get hurt. Get killed. Or maybe run away and never get caught. We know what happened to M. Z's version of the story is that he was attacked by M.

Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone.

Do you mean the verbal confrontation? Sounds like a normal exchange in that situation. She doesn't say who pushed first. The initial push could have been M punching Z in the nose. Then a struggle ensued. What Z is saying is that M punched him instead of continuing the dialogue. I don't see anything that contradicts that possibility.

Who are you calling a chicken hawk? That's a pretty offensive term.

He stated his reason. I posted it a few posts ago. He said the guy was acting suspiciously. Neither you or I know what M was doing or if it was suspicious. If Z wanted to report M for whatever he was doing, it's within his rights as a citizen to do so. Just like you would if someone is doing something that looks suspicious to you in your neighborhood.

You can't sit there thinking you actually did anything but form opinions based on media driven hysteria.

2. Granville

Granville Member

Disgusting for what? For defending my view of this situation?

3. Granville

Granville Member

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

No offense, but that's just r****ded. Why are you using a current picture of Zimmerman when its a known fact that he's lost a lot of weight since the shooting?

If anything, take a screenshot from the surveillance video from the police station.

5. Granville

Granville Member

He's not an imposing figure in either photo,

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

But the child is...

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In that case, Martin was far less imposing. He was a stick.

8. Granville

Granville Member

The child beat the **** out of the 5-8 dude, that a fact. So there's no room for you to go anywhere with that... you probably will....

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Actually, its not. That's pure speculation, but that's what GZ wants you to believe.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

How did zimmerman get his ass kicked by a guy whos sixty pounds lighter. What a chump

11. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

12. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

What do you think the word "imposing" means?

13. Granville

Granville Member

Those photos don't look much like speculation along with a witnesss seeing Martin pounding in Zimmerman.

14. Granville

Granville Member

He probably is a chump.

15. Granville

Granville Member

16. Granville

Granville Member

If you're 5-8 and flabby a 6-3 athletic guy is imposing to you.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

True, but GZ wasn't flabby.

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

When did Zimmerman say he found Martin to be imposing?

19. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Imposing enough to call the police AND chase him? While packed?

20. Granville

Granville Member

Never said he did, I was supporting BigTexx when he said he M could potentially be intimidating to Z.