1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There are two teams that have beaten every playoff team in the west

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jan 18, 2015.

1. what

what Member

1. 1. Memphis Grizzlies: Beat GS, Dallas, Spurs, Houston, Portland Phoenix, LA Clippers.
    2. 2. SA Spurs: Beat, Grizzlies, GS, Dallas, Houston, Portland, Phoenix, LA Clippers

You might have suspected that the grizzlies were one, you might NOT have suspected that spurs were the other. I said that to say this: people that are counting the spurs out better watch out. The spurs are still one of the most well-rounded basketball teams in the west, and it's going to take a lot to beat them.

I am probably more worried about the spurs than I am about Golden State or the trailblazers.

If I were ranking the teams I'm most worried about in the playoffs it would be: 1. Spurs, 2. Dallas 3. GS. 4. Clippers. 5. Houston 6. Portland 7. Suns. Even though the rockets beat the grizzlies twice so far, I think that the grizzlies (at full strength) give the Rockets a tough matchup.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

My power ranking:

1. Spurs, 2. GS, 3. Rockets, 4. Memphis, 5. Dallas, 6. Clippers, 7. Portland, 8. Suns..

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The grizzlies are a paper tiger

4. what

what Member

really? the grizzlies haven't proved to you they are a legitimate threat? what do you base this on, if you don't mind me asking?

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Both of their big men are overweight. They don't even lift weights.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not worried about the Grizzlies this year. I think we match up better with them now with Smith and the emergence of Dmo. That we are justs as big inside and it's not a advantage they can depend on, on the other hand Harden has shown that he's not as bothered by Tony Allen any more.

The Spurs...no one wants to play the Spurs for obvious reasons.

The rest of the teams...the two teams I fear most are OKC and the Spurs. OKC still has two MVP talent players that's going to be tough to stop in the playoffs. The other teams are a wait and see approach.

Obviously if NOP or PHX sneaks in they will be the weakest and easiest team to get out, but I'm sure OKC will catch up.

7. what

what Member

and yet the grizzlies are #1 in points in the paint this year. Maybe other teams should follow suit?

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

9. what

what Member

the rockets will need to prove that they can go toe to toe with the grizzlies as far as points in the paint. Right now Houston is ranked 16th in points in the paint. The grizzlies are ranked 1st. Also the grizzlies are 9th in defending points in the paint. The rockets are 22nd.

harden is the ex-factor for the rockets, to be sure. But I still don't see that Dwight, Smith and Dmo are an effective trio of paint scorers, especially sense they are ft shooting-challenged.

10. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Why not fear the Warriors? Everyone dismisses them as a threat to us but we seem to struggle with them as of late. I think GS are better than the rockets as of now

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Zero history of past playoff success with an exact same roster.
    GSW is slightly better than us in that regard, but we're pretty much in the same boat.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

1. Warriors 2. Spurs 3. Grizzlies 4. Rockets 5. Blazers 6. Clippers 7. Mavericks 8. Thunder

13. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

The only team I fear in a 7 game series is the clippers. We don't and never have matched up well with them. With that said we have the talent to beat anyone but my real worry is McHale being out coached by the many better coaches in the west come playoff time

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The grizzlies have moobs. Do they even have a gym at the facility? Them b****es don't even lift breh.

15. NotChandlerParsons

Championships correlate inversely with man t*tties (see how many championships Charles Barkley won).

16. downbytheriver

Do you or do you not agree that the mvp of the grizzlies is in th is order

Conley
    Randolph
    Gasol

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

1. Grizz
    2. Grizz
    3. ???
    4. profit

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ha discounting durant and westbrook. watch them knock the grizzlies out again this year mr what

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so then we should be confident that whoever MEM draws in the playoffs, at least they won't get swept!

20. rocketseagles07

What? Do you remember their record last year without Gasol