1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

XBOX 360 Kinect reviews

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamRoxCoogFan, Nov 9, 2010.

1. AXG

AXG Member

Kinect really surprised me. It's actually a lot of fun. Kinect Sports is cool and Dance Central is my favorite game. I even got my parents and cousins to come over and play and they never play videogames.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't played it much myself, but my son (who is 14) got it for Christmas and it seemed like he played it for 2-3 days after he got it and hasn't turned it on since. Could just be he doesn't want to exercise, though.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

Bumping this old thread here.

I recently got Kinect since it's so cold I don't feel like going to the gym these days. And I really need to do "some" exercise or my weight balloons at insane rate. So I got myself a Kinect. Bought one game so far, Dance Revolution(I think the US version is called DanceMasters), and I'm loving it. Very pleasantly surprised at the motion sensors.

It's definitely good for casual exercise indoors if you're lazy like me.

4. Precision340

Precision340 Member

I'm tempted to purchase the X360 just for the Kinect and the Dance Revolution game. Looks like a lot of fun.

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Unforgettable game!:grin:
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2_Pb4zp5V6o?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2_Pb4zp5V6o?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

6. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

dance central is ok and the sports game is fun. just dance is alright. I kind of cant wait for the fable and roman soldier game.

7. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

Yahtzee Croshaw's take on Kinect.

NSFW

<div style='width:650px;font-size: 12px;'><embed src="http://cdn2.themis-media.com/media/global/movies/player/flowplayer.commercial-3.2.7.swf" flashvars="config=http://www.themis-media.com/videos/config/4863-fd1127a39a1ca12e551d6b6fe66f01fa.js%3Fplayer_version%3D2.5%26embed%3D1" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" width="650" height="391" wmode="opaque"></embed><div><a href='http://www.escapistmagazine.com'>The Escapist</a> : <a href='http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation'>Zero Punctuation</a> : <a href='http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4863-Kinect'>Kinect</a></div></div>

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

was thinking of getting one. I have a couple of questions though. My nephew got one and said that he can't play any more games for it because he doesn't have the hard drive space.

Can you play the games off of the disc? Do they have to be installed? Or is it that he just doesn't have enough room for the saves?

I'm just curious. I don't install anything on my xbox other than game saves. But if it's going to fill up really quickly once I get a kinect then maybe I'll wait or have to get a hard drive.

Also anyone know of any deals where the kinect comes bundled with the adapter to have my xbox connect wirelessly to the internet or xbox live Gold?

I have to get all three and if 2 or more of them were bundled somewhere it would help.

I will look up the stuff myself as well, but if anyone had any knowledge and it wasn't a lot of trouble, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

10. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Just found out my cousin is going to be one of the five guys working on the Kinect 2 hardware.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Feed us the infoz.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

1) games don't have to be installed, they can be played off discs.
    2) I doubt it in both cases.

1 person likes this.
  13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It isn't just firmware I don't think. The camera is functionally different since it's intended to be on a desktop and to capture users that are likely to be much closer. Beyond that I couldn't say, I don't intend on buying one at $250.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I really enjoy my Kinect. My Kinect came with two downloadable games, that required me to go buy a new hard drive. It does a good, not great job at picking up your movements. Does every bit as good as the Wii. If it has a weakness its in picking up very fast movements and movements on the floor. I find this annoying for fitness games that require you to be on the ground. Even my 4 year old can play some Kinect games.

Kinect Adventures is fairly short, but is a surprising amount of fun for a free game with the system. Gunslinger is okay, certainly not worth what it cost, but is a decent throw in game. Absolutely love Fruit Ninja. Wipeout 2 is incredibly challenging. Kinect Sports are also a nice option when on sale.

We also have Kinectimals, Disneyland Adventures, Biggest Loser, Zumba, & Dance Central 2.

1 person likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Then I know who his boss is...

;)

DD

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

None of my Kinect games take up more space than any other game. If anything they tend to be smaller. Of course, I did buy a 160(?)G HD for the 360 because I really dislike hearing the disk noise while playing. If you just go with the default HD that comes with the console, yeah you can't really fit games in there. But there's more than enough space for saves.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Kinect 2? Will that be for Xbox 720 or whatever the new generation of Xbox will be called? If so, when is all that due out?

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I wonder if Kinect for Windows will bring a ton of new uses for the product.
    Hackers galore

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yes, it will. That's the whole point behind it, the SDK had been out for some time.
    A lot of people are aleady doing really crazy stuff with it.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It'll definitely be for the new Xbox. I was thinking they'd go the intelligent route and sell the new Xbox bundled with the new Kinect. If they're just beginning to work on it now that theory goes out the window.