1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not exactly. Since we don't know who threw the first punch it is still very possible that Martin acted in self-defense. Zimmerman's wounds could've come from him being knocked down by the punch and hitting his head on the concrete.

We also need to consider that even if Martin came up and confronted Zimmerman provided he doesn't initiate the altercation he has the right to do so. As many of you have noted Zimmerman has the right to follow Martin and to confront him, the converse holds true.

The big issue to me though that puts in doubt Zimmerman's narrative that he shot Martin in self-defense is the position of their bodies immediately following the shooting and so far as we know the lack of blood from Martin on Zimmerman's body.

I have still seen nothing that contradicts what I outlined before. Martin and Zimmerman were fighting and Martin got the upper hand on Zimmerman and knocked him down. Zimmerman draws his gun and Martin backs off from him. Zimmerman shoots Martin.

Who threw the first punch I actually don't think is as relevant what is though is if in the moment that Zimmerman pulled the trigger Martin could be considered a reasonable threat. I think from the position of the Martin's body in relationship to Zimmerman he wasn't in a position to threaten him and Zimmerman shoots him out of panic. I am still seeing this as manslaughter.

2. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

How do you know he didn't just break into a car OR a home minutes prior to him being followed?

3. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

The best evidence does support Zimmerman. The key pieces of evidence are the injuries to Zimmerman and the testimony of John. Your amateur ballistics analysis is just that - amateurish.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Do you assume all blacks are criminals?

5. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

You can't attack someone (assault) because of verbal provocation or by someone following you.

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Sure you can as long as you legitimately fear for your safety.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

He was standing his ground

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you have any evidence to support that speculation? It's well documented that he was at the convenience store and that Zimmerman witnessed him very shortly leaving the convenience store.

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

We are all amateurs here but lack of Martin's blood on Zimmerman seems pretty easily explained by containment of said blood by the hoody sweatshirt on Martin and the likely falling or pushing off of Martin immediately after the shot.

10. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

That has nothing to do with me being embarrassed for the black race.

Only 4% of the population are criminals. But since you mentioned it, blacks make up less than 20% of the US population and commit/are arrested for a disproportionate amount of crimes.

For men in their early thirties, African-Americans are about 7 times more likely to have a prison record than whites. They are more likely to have been in prison than in the military. However, more blacks are enrolled in college than in prison for the first time ever after the turn of the century.

11. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

You need to skim over the law then if you honestly believe that.

For example: Someone can't come up behind you and say "I'll beat yo azz punk", and then you knock their lights out, and you not be guilty of assault.

12. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

A mere verbal confrontation is rarely going to lead to someone reasonably fearing for one's life.

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Tipjar wager? $50 if I can prove I'm right?

14. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

Even if it came out on the news that Treyvon's fingerprints were found in several homes of burglar victims and he had pawn receipts in his pocket of stolen property, you people would still deny it. It really doesn't matter.

15. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

Oh, I see.

So how does it feel to not be a black person right now?

16. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

I'll save you time.

17. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

Sometimes I feel like I'm a victim of reverse discrimination. But overall, it's pretty good.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You have to look at things from Martin's perspective. He was clearly afraid of Zimmerman. That's why he ran away after he saw Zimmerman watching him from his car.

And then he encountered Zimmerman on foot? As far as Martin knew, Zimmerman could've been trying to abduct him.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How is a bigot like you still around? Are you ashamed to be a white person? Look at all the horrible things white people are doing right now. Your logic is so severely lacking it hurts.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

EVen though it is known where he was prior to this, you ignore that evidence and throw out ignorant scenarios like he was robbing cars or houses.

I'm sorry but with all of the evidence you are ignoring, you don't have a right a to point fingers at anyone, bigot.