1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Oct 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

USE HIM

idk but when playing a young athletic team, might want to consider using a young athletic big man.....no diss on Chuck

2. G-Money

G-Money Member

No, it would be worse if he played. He's probably a better offensive player than Jeffries, but offense is not what we needed tonight. We need a damn STOP.

Jeffries made some spectacular defensive plays tonight that Jordan Hill could not make to save his life.

And he definitively should not have played over Chuck. Chuck was freakin awesome.

1 person likes this.
  3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Dude...

Chuck did work.

16 points - 8 rebounds - 6 assist

Would have like to seen Jordan get a little playing time though.

4. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Jeffries' defense tonight isn't any special at all. I'd say it's below average defense tonight.

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

If I was a guard, I would rather run into the stickman Jeffries than big Hill.

A guard slamming into Hill would be laid flat on his back.

6. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Rick Adelman is a idiot.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Chuck could of played at PF and Hill at C and give Scola a rest i mean Scola is playing great but at this rate he is going to be averagin 40 mins a game.....Ricks gotta get better at managin the rotation.

8. corrado

corrado Member

I just dont know why not give even a minute, on a back to back, to 8th pick from last year that used to bring a lot of energy and rebounding from the bench, and supposedly 5th best player in this years draft. Didnt last year teach us that Chuck Hayes, even if he played a decent game tonight, is not an answer at center? Why not play someone 4 inches taller and way more athletic?

Maybe this is what happens when u r stockpiling assets instead of players. But at some point they just stop being an asset and u r stuck with players that u just dont want to play. I just dont like the way rotation is shaping up this season. Unless we are showcasing JJ and CH for a trade, but I doubt it.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

im actually glad he has not played in the first two games....

and guys, hes really not all that athletic.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is far better than Jeffries...

11. DaJet

DaJet Member

Play the man Rick Ruler!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOmanjOGDv0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOmanjOGDv0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

12. landryfans

landryfans Member

Chuck is a good defender, but he is not capable of holding the paint.

AD said he dont wanna play Chuck as center any more, why sat Miller and Hill then?

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    you are out of your mind

just saying...

14. tmacattack131

tmacattack131 Member

I understand that chuck hayes is a much more safe player to put in the rotation this early in the season, but I think it's crucial for rick to realize that if the rockets are serious about contending for a title, they need to develop Hill some more. Hill has the tools to be a quality role player, who wont have any liabilities. Much love to chuck, but if a team is a serious title contender they cant have him in the 8/9 man rotation.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

is a idiot..? :grin:

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

hill sucks and we dont need him.. hopefully he will be used in a trade soon.

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Hill wouldn't have done much. A relatively small percentage of their points came in the paint. Our problem is missed rotations. Notice that we didn't double team anyone, yet role players like Wright and Williams were left WIDE open. Same thing with Blake last night, three times.

Our defense is bad right now. The Warriors actually played worse defense, constantly watching the ball and letting Chuck wheel and deal. But we let them walk all over us. Let's say Monta shot 10-24 instead of 18-24. The Warriors still would have scored 116 points. We're getting killed out there.

1 person likes this.
  18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Another failure by Rockets management. Main weakness last year was starting Chuck Hayes at center and being unable to challenge anything in the general vicinity of the hoop. So what do we do to correct this? Get a strictly offensive playing center who despite having NBA-center height doesn't really challenge anything and is about 10 times slower. In fact, he's so bad at defense we still have more confidence in Hayes starting at center even though we know what it costs us. And now trying to force Jordan Hill to play center.

I never thought I'd say this, especially this early in the season, but we really could have used Eric Dampier tonight. There's no way Ellis gets as many free layups as he did in the first quarter with an actual big man in the game. There's going to be what, 20 back-to-back games where Yao doesn't play? I think every single one of those games is up for grabs, no matter how weak the opponent. Has Dikembe's knee heeled yet?

The Rockets off-season looks worse and worse. Thank god for the Martin trade.

#18 DCkid, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  19. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Am I missing something here? I watched most of the preseason and Jordan looked pretty solid and up-and-coming to me. He brought energy and rebounding (moreso than any of our other "bigs").

Seriously, does anyone know what's the deal with Hill and Adelman? Is he in the doghouse? I really am surprised that Hill has not been part of the rotation in the past 2 games. I thought he would given his youth and display of potential coming into fruition...

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LOL. He's 6'10 with a 35 inch vertical. Im pretty sure Yao, Miller, Hayes and Scola could out jump him anytime.