1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris confidence increasing!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by teebone21, Nov 13, 2012.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Even though he fouled out this kid has been playing his ass off the last 3 games with limited minutes. He played excellent physical defense against Lebron last night and he is hustling on the boards and for loose balls. He seems more mobile than Parsons when guarding quicker players and since his pt was increased his shot% have risen as well. Personally i would like to see him backup parsons more than defino. This is proof that actual time on the court during games makes a huge difference on player progression. Now we need jones to get on the floor and do work in the paint.

As, morris was a beast in college with his fadeaway jumper from the post. I wonder why he doesnt get that opportunity during games?

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I'm glad he's getting his trade value up

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Low salary player he isn't going anywhere

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Player with potential on his rookie contract that is starting to play better? Tell me how that isn't a valuable asset in Morey's arsenal. If the deal is right and Morris is part of the package he is expendable. It's not like Morris is Lebron 2.0; the guy ain't bad but he surely isn't something we can't find anywhere else.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Mookie Morris!!

[​IMG]

making his mama proud since day 1

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Marcus Morris is playing great. He is starting to show a little consistency. I may have spoken too soon earlier.

8. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

We need to start him at the 3 Harden would get him a ton of open looks

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Honest it depends on how the other younger players behind him develop. We don't want another situation like with Landry, where we had a great tandem with him and Scola in the post and then traded him to help a grab at a SG but we suddenly had a weakness at scoring in the post when Scola was doubled for years, whereas before it was one of our best strengths.

I still think we haven't seen the best of Morris so I am anxious to see what more he can bring to this team.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

"may have"?

[​IMG]

11. conquistador#11

physical strength is there. did you guys see how he knocked lebron down by breathing on him on that offensive rebound?

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

[​IMG]

building confidence in players since 2006

1 person likes this.
  13. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Hope it works for royce and dmo

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Machado will evolve into Machamp when he gets to RGV

6 people like this.
  15. gah

gah Member

I'm really surprised by how quick he reacts to plays, an example of this is the charge he drew on Ray Allen, that was golden. Also, he's showing quick hands and getting a lot of deflections, in spite of his T-Rex arms.

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I'm really impressed with Morris. I just knew that 3 pt at the end of the 4th was going in when he shot it. Guy is cold blooded.

17. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I'd like to see Patterson Back-up Morris instead of Morris coming off the bench.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

his reflexes are pretty outstanding. he has great hands ...which is something i didn't realize. He's excellent around the rim; a natural rebounder. He's so much better of a shooter than i realized as well. I also must say, i didn't think he had good instincts after watching him early on, but i think it's pretty clear he sees the floor well. For me, Morris has been the most pleasant surprise in the early going.

19. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

You sound ridiculous

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have to agree, he has been impressive. Although, i would put him second to Asik. Third is Greg Smith.