1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex Len: The Best Player of the class in next 5-7 years

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by _RTM_, Jun 6, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Chris Kaman is German, Brook Lopez isnt white

2. LCAhmed

We should combine Len with Lin. It makes too much sense not to.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

... what a terrible draft.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

If Kaman is German, then there are no "white Americans" at all. They are all English, German, Irish, Polish and Jews. :p

Re Lopez, that's fair i guess... But half Cuban half white Americans aren't exactly known for successful basketball careers either. So he just fits the topic.

5. LCAhmed

Chris Kaman plays for the German national team....

[​IMG]

6. CertifiedTroll

He is getting some high praise. But honestly I cant imagine not picking him number one in this draft.

7. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Why not. He's been very inconsistent, although Maryland's terribad guard play didn't help. What troubles me is that opposing teams were able to take Len out of games with much smaller players.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I know but his only connection to Germany is that he had a German great grandparent who moved to the US close to 100 years ago. ;)

Ibaka has more connection to Spain than Kaman to Germany.

9. webattorney

webattorney Member

I checked out some videos of him playing, and I believe he will not be a bust. He will be a good NBA center. He's pretty athletic, quick and is fundamentally sound.

10. LCAhmed

Good job Dfb. I didnt do any homework. We can now switch Kaman over to the successful white player list. :)

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I like Len. He looks like he could become a bigger, stronger, a bit slower version of Gortat long term.

I don't know about his foot issue, maybe that's a concern, otherwise I think he'll be a good starter in a few years.

I keep hearing about his softness but frankly I don't see it. He lacks power now, which can be fixed. But he doesn't seem afraid to get physical, which is the real softness.

I don't know about no.1 but I don't think his upside is lesser than Noel's. It may not be as high as McLemore's or Oladipo's and a few other players, though. But Len's floor seems higher -- if his health is not a concern.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It's not really homework, it's just an annoying issue here in Europe with FIBA. American or African players suddenly become Spanish or Russian or German or Macedonian every summer. I root for Lithuania, and the other teams keep cheating with all these NBA guys that they often didn't really develop. :mad:

13. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

quick feet, looks a bit like omer.

14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kqkEo_Pk9HI?hl=ru_RU&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kqkEo_Pk9HI?hl=ru_RU&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

15. Mr Chuck Norris

....Well that didn't turn out well

16. CertifiedTroll

Yeah, I hate getting sucked into time vortexes. It always is a stinks when 5-7 years go by in the span of 1 year.

17. basketballholic

I think OP is closer to bring right than wrong. Len has skills. Got an injury bug right now that could derail his career. But if he recovers he'll be in the top 3 of his class for his career.

#37 basketballholic, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  18. omgTHEpotential

The guy seems similar to Valanciunus guy from the Raptors.