1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An Insider's Look At Tracy McGrady's Rehabilitation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jul 31, 2006.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

So while Yao Ming is working his butt off on his rehabilitation in Beijing, Tracy McGrady is doing the same in Houston. :eek:

Just can't wait for the new season to begin !!!:D

2. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

... Oooo, excellent. :p

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm impressed...

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He said that he worked harder than ever before last summer. Didn't seem to help much.

I wonder if he's doing anything differently this time around to get his back in better shape.

6. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wIJPq8SP-Cc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wIJPq8SP-Cc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

everything he wrote in that article came from this video

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Thanks for the translation. We've had almost zero TMac news in many months.

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Is that a video from last season? It's not showing up for me. If it is, I was thinking the same thing. It seems like an exact description of that video from last year.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i'd feel a lot better about him training with yao ming and anthony falsone in china. i think falsone has done an amazing job with yao and could do the same for tracy. would never happen but how awesome would that be?

is this wayne hall guy the same person who was training him in the videos from last offseason? those workouts were flat-out scary looking and i wouldn't be surpised if it played a role in his back going out last year. t-mac was physically stronger but how important is that to his game? i don't question t-mac's desire to prove everyone wrong, and i'm excited that he's working hard, but i hope he's doing it the right and SAFE way.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yeah it's the video from last year. the description is almost identical. maybe it's a write-up on this old video? hopefully.

i don't like the idea of him doing these same workouts again, it just doesn't look healthy or comfortable.

11. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

"Thereupon, Houston Rockets' boss, Lesley Alexander held a cross in his hand, knelt before the altar, and prayed"

This is just so wrong, but hilarious.

12. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

awesome.

13. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

Some of this stuff seriously concerns me. He is not being trained properly, especially for someone with a back injury. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass during the season.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

he could bench 300 lbs and i still wouldn't give a crap until i see how his back holds up.

15. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but reports were his injury was due to a fall he took directly on his back...

Work out or not, he would have been injured. So I think making this connection of him working out too hard that he injured his back, is false.

I mean, I hope that is the case. I belong to the more optimistic group of people behind T-Mac. You can't work out like that, if your back hurts. Assuming he's not going to take a weird fall again, I'm very excited about the season. I hope he proves the nay-sayers wrong as he stated in that video.

16. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

You are correct in that the injury that put him out for the year was a fall, but he also has a damaged disc. Some of the things I saw in the video would put alot of stress, ie compressive load on the spine which could in turn aggravate the disc. Just my 2 cents.

For all of those that are wondering, the leg press is a terrible exercise, especially for athletes and for those with a bad disc as it puts both compression forces and flexion together - which is a prescription for potential injury. The leg extention and leg curl machines are bad as well as they generate tremendous shear forces on the knee - not good for someone needing to be an explosive jumper. The jump machine (the vest with the rubber bands) is not a great device, and if you are going to use it it would be safer to use a waist belt as opposed to a shoulder to harness to remove the load from the spine.

17. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

LOL this is from last season....Either Pruyen translated an old article or Sina just published this based off of a year old FSN report...most likely the latter im guessing. Just goes to show how credible Sina is.

18. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'm so glad you pulled that. I was rolling. :D

19. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

No mention of his injury-prone back at all? Hmm, it does sound iffy.

20. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Maybe after describing this video, the reporter can give us a recap of Yao's first game against the US Olympic team.