1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bruce Bowen with another cheap shot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vcchlw, Mar 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8WXVJQ06Sk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8WXVJQ06Sk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I hate to say it but this jerk deserves to die! I just hope nobody will become the next victim ever again.

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I understand playing hard and using veteran savvy to pull certain 'tricks', but Bowen's blatant cheap shots are what makes him very unlikable.

I love how he holds his hands up to show he didn't take a cheap shot w/ his KNEE.

3. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough. Said Olden Polynce.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Bruce Bowen is definately dirty but I am not sure he is the only one to blame in this one.

Prior to his kick you can see Chris Paul take couple of shots at Brown's legs with his hands.

Chris Paul has taken a shot at a guy's crotch before.

5. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I love how Bruce puts his hands up even though he obviously kicked him.

crotch shots are always the best.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This is actually good considering the last time he put his legs up this happened...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XhTjSrZi91Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XhTjSrZi91Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. Casper

Casper Member

Bowen throwing his hands up and pretending like nothing happened immediately reminded me of this...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u_f6qFBQD9U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u_f6qFBQD9U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's his signature move. Taking a cheap shot and immediately putting his hands up with that stupid "Who me?" look on his face.

That's why I have little respect for the Spurs. It's not just Bowen. There's a culture of cheating and b****ing that seems to affect everyone on that team. Duncan whines to the officials. Ginobili flops all over the place. Hell, even Robert Horry became a cheap shot artist after joining them.

9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Wow. Disgusting. I can't believe an organization that touts itself on classiness (undeservedly, mind you - David Robinson is the only classy thing to come out of that ****hole) would continue to put up with his dirty tactics.

That's the Spurs for you.

10. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

did malone ever do anything to bowen or vice versa? that would been nice to see

11. FFz

FFz Member

The hornets fans hated the spurs that game. They booed every time any spur touched the ball. It was intense man! It wasn't just a splatter of boos... It was the whole arena.

12. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Ain't the first time he's done. He's gonna kill a guy before the NBA actually does something.

13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

That last little kick was unnecessary.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Meh, I think both players are punks. So I can't say I was rooting for either. Actually I wanted CP3 to take a crotch shot after Bowen's cheap shot and then both of them getting into a big fight, thus both getting long suspensions. But I get the feeling both are more bark then bite.

15. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

You sure you dont mean Reggie Evans? :D

16. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Good call- I don't like either of them after Paul's Rafer comments.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've looked at it a bunch of times, from both angles, and I don't see what Bowen did wrong here? He's definitely been known for cheap shots before, but this looks like good ole hustle to me, and I see a guy trying to get his leg back, not taking a shot with the knee...I can see ho wit could be viewed as that, but I just don't think it is going off the evidence...

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah. I'd love to jump on the dog pile. I hate Bowen as much as anybody. But I just don't see it.

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

same. someone grabbing a leg, someone else trying to pull his leg out. kind of a whiplash effect slightly.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

omg he needs to be suspended. I know he's been doin' it for his whole carrer but come on, this is basketball. What a dirty player, just like Shane Battier :D (In Wade's mind)