1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh really pump faked Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rx1991, Jul 11, 2014.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Did he really give us a verbal commitment?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He always wanted to be "the man", took a backseat with Miami and still desired to be "the man".

Everytime Houston knocks, he wanted to be the Number 1 guy.

3. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Maybe I'm making a big assumption here, and forgive me if I am, but I do think he did. I seriously doubt Morey would have shipped out Lin unless he was sure that Bosh was coming.

That was the pump fake. Bosh was all but coming to Houston, until Miami called at the last minute and offered the max.

4. Stats

Stats Member

actually, I always kept seeing news like this:

Source close to situation says Rockets believe they will have commitment "soon" for Chris Bosh to come to Houston

— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 11, 2014

Which was misinterpreted to an actual agreement. I think Bosh never fully committed, but Houston was super confident he would (given no one ever thought Miami would give him the max).

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

How could Houston expect Miami to make Chris Bosh the highest paid player in the league at 30 or 31 years old(my mind is escaping me right now)?

It was a bad deal. Worse than Parsons contract this year.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Why does everyone insist on saying we lost Lin, asik and Parsons for NOTHING? Are people REALLY THAT STUPID?

The pelicans 1st rd pick is an attractive asset... and we dodge paying Asik his 15M this year...

Lin was negative value - period.... we were gonna give somebody something to pay him his 15M this year...

Parsons was a calculated risk - and we lost... Should Morey apologize for not getting better return on that 2nd rd pick from 3 years ago? I mean a starter quality max player for 3 years for less than 1M a year.... yeh, Morey failed... (sarcasm)...

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

daywalker like you said screw him. This is our second time going after this chump and he turned us down.

8. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Nope, the user Nook on here said bosh made a verbal commitment to the rockets FO. Apparently he has family who works for the rockets

9. dram1

dram1 Member

This is how contract negotiations work!!! He didn't use us! He just wants the most money he can get. If Miami had not offered the max, he would be a Rocket! So stop saying he used us. We offered the most we could and he)his agent) said "hey Heat...this what they giving us, can you beat it?" And because Bron left, they said yes.

What is more troubling is that we almost signed this guy to whom money is more important. Since he already won two rings, he is all about the money now...screw him!!!!

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He used us as leverage once again, the dude openly said he wanted to retire in Miami multiple times.

Nook is probably also full of ****.

11. deshen

deshen Member

I'd say Bosh really pump faked Miami, wait and see how miserable they will be in the following seasons.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Exactly. Morey expected the Heat to react the way Hinkie or Morey or most other GMs would, if your window closes, better to jump off the treadmill than tie up big dollars in declining veterans while slipping further behind.

Riley/Arison aren't like that though, the thought of tanking so soon after the Big 3 era is anathema to them; too hard to accept. In retrospect I think we should have foreseen that - the devastation of post LeBron calypse would cause them to react by gambling

#52 SamFisher, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  13. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Used and Abused. Remember the agent wanted to see how many teams would offer Bosh The max. The Rockets step up and Bosh said If Lebron leaves I will take you up on that offer. Lebron leaves and now the rockets proceed with the process of getting bosh. Miami still have 55 million in cap room. The bosh camp knew that riley wasn't going to let another star get away and he can outbid everybody. Leverage leads to max contract ..... Rockets got used and abused..... Bosh was never going to leave Miami

14. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Please stop mention this XXXXXX's name, he makes me sick.

15. conquistador#11

a lot of us saw that miami would just offer him the max as soon as bron returned home so I assume murray did too. what no one expected is for bosh to give his word and then turn back on it. I still believe that's what really happened. divas just being divas

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This is what I was thinking. We tried to get the girl once and it was a tease. She got married to a greasy slime ball with money and power. Four years later, they get separated and she makes you think you've got a chance, only to go crawling back to big daddy warbucks when he flashes his cash. I can see why Bosh took the cash, but if he did it after giving us a promise (hence Lin move) then he and his agent are just plain $hi** people.

Maybe Minny will make a move with Love, but its not looking like we have what they want. If Cavs send Wiggins for Love, then they become favs for 2015-17. That would be a wicked line-up.

I for one am tired of chasing the rainbow (Big 3) unless we have a chance at Durant in 2016. For now we need to find parts to build a better TEAM. Look for good players that could help build our bench and take some of the minutes off Harden and Par$ons. Give our core guys another year to jell.

Deng is that kind of guy. I'm not sold on an Ariza return. Perhaps helping CHI/NY trade would get us some depth. Hopefully, Morey's magic is still strong and he's able to make something happen.

17. LAC

LAC Member

It is business. And for all we know, Bosh never said he would come to Houston; No verbal commitment was breached. Rockets FO and we as fans wishfully believed Bosh would join us just like Asik and Lin thought they would be starters for the Rockets.

Asik and Lin weren't given the right to be pissed, neither should we fans and Rockets FO be entitled that right in the Bosh case.

18. dram1

dram1 Member

Deng to Miami...Morey whiffs again!!!