1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Offseason Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Apr 16, 2009.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

We need to add a player that can potentially lead this team because Ron Artest can and should not lead this team. We need to find a player who is able to work effectively within the confines of our team and not disrupt the chemistry we have, but someone who is not overly worried about padding their stats. At the same time, we need a player who is confident and can take over a game at any minute. Also, this player would need to be a player that can play well with Yao. I'm not suggesting ways of trading/signing for them, but here's just some names to throw out there. Let me know if you guys think they would be a good player for this team or not.

Gilbert Arenas
    Jose Calderon
    Ben Gordon
    Danny Granger
    Richard Hamilton
    Vince Carter
    Allen Iverson
    Kevin Martin
    Andre Miller
    Michael Redd
    Jason Richardson
    Gerald Wallace
    Mo Williams

Any other players that should be on this potential list of offseason targets?

If TMac is injured all of next year, I believe we get a trade exemption that is half his contract value. I think this would give us a $12 million exemption.

I personally think that K Mart is the best player for this team. He is a clutch player that is unselfish and really plays well within the confines of a team and best of all he only makes $9 million per year. He might want out of Sacramento.

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

You're way too early with this.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

*chuckle* Let's bump up the random trade idea thread also!

4. Landlord Landry

Christ.......Cubs fans aren't this lame.

and seriously......Vince Carter? Allen Iverson? AI quit on the Pistons just like McPastry did here. Yea......lets sign up for that bargin. :rolleyes:

5. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

If Rox are still going to build around Yao, Jason Kapono would be a great addition. He fits better in Houston's slow offense than Rap's running and gunning. This dude can shoot lights out.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why is Gilbert Arenas on your list?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Artest is staying like it or not. I do like Danny Granger and the Pacers are in financial trouble so maaaybe they take T-macs contract an others and...

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

How about kapono + lottery pick for artest?

9. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

I would do it. It's a win-win. Raps needs defense and Rox needs 3-pointers around Yao.

But Rox still need someone who can create shot in the 4th Q, someone like Tony Parker, Jose Calderon, or even Andre Miller. Steve Nash or Jason Kidd are both good, but they are too old. I would give up anyone on this team to get a star-level PG.

10. redao

redao Member

Mo Williams
    AI

11. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Most of those guys aren't even obtainable LOL.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maggette
    Bibby

DD

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Maggette has 5 years and $50 million left, along with injury problems. I'd avoid him.

Mike Bibby would be an interesting target since he's unrestricted and probably wants to play for a winner at this stage in his career.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I doubt if we will have the money to sign anyone of note until McGrady's contract expires.

15. alcatrazpsycho

Ugh, I'm not a big fan of picking up players that have spent several years establishing themselves as superstars elsewhere.

And could this thread not wait until the off-season?

16. djsmith

djsmith Member

17. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

I could definately see Bibby taking a long look at the Rockets because of his connection with Adelman. I'm not sold on AB and wouldn't mind shopping him along with T-Mac's contract to see if someone bites.

18. tomjc

tomjc Member

ROFLMAO, Gilbert Arenas, what's he going to do for us, run the point?

19. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Bibby is overrated, he never does a thing

20. DaneB

DaneB Member

To be honest, I don't know a whole lot about him. All I know is that he can be an amazing offensive weapon and the Wizards are not playing horrid. Does he have the potential to be a Dwayne Wade type of player on the right team? Also, is his career just about over since he has only played 15 games in the past two seasons?