1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

At times throughout the year, some posters start threads to pose a trade idea. If lots of people post trade ideas, it clutters up the forum, so <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=115538">we decided a couple years ago</a> to try to have one thread for "random trade ideas" that aren't based on news involving the Rockets. They are simply, "What do you think about... " scenarios.

Here are the rules of the "Random Trade Idea" thread.

1) Keep your trade ideas realistic. We all know why the Rockets would want Amare Stoudemire or Jose Calderon ... but try to ask the question "Why does it make sense for the other team?"

2) Don't be an ass. There are going to be unrealistic scenarios posted ... just point out to them it's not happening, if you feel so inclined. Report the post as ludicrous if you must, but don't nuke the poster and call them names. It spirals the thread down.

2. fitchjs

fitchjs Member

Chicago needs point guard help.....

Chicago needs point guard help..... what do you think about this trade:

Luther Head

for

Aaron Gray

Luther is little used in the current rotation and Gray would give us a 7'1" back up center who can rebound and block shots.

Not a big splash, but it would help both teams and give Luther a chance to play.

What do you think?

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Luther Head is not a PG. If Luther Head was "point guard help" the Rockets would be in much better shape.

4. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Why they need a PG?

some1 injured or traded?

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Hinrich is hurt.

I'd it, anything for Luther is fine by me but I don't think Chicago would want a midget combo guard.

6. MattM

MattM Member

Chicago is overloaded with guards.

7. DPballer

DPballer Member

Obviously Head isn't a PG, but if the Bulls need perimeter shooting, then the deal makes sense. I'll still take Mutombo over Gray though. I believe if we do trade Head, it will be for cash and/or a pick.

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Rafer Alston for Tyrus Thomas.

Yeah...I can dream.

9. DPballer

DPballer Member

You dream about having zero competent starting PGs and trading the only one we have for a clone of Stromile Swift?

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

and all of them are better than Luther. :D

No deal.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

So they need a PG

and we trade them Luther Head.

*sigh*

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I'll pass on Aaron Grey. Rockets need some athletic size.

13. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Rockets trade Luther Head to The Warriors for Marcus Williams..

The reason i say this should happen is because of the way Monta Ellis is on the hot seat with the organization and we really need help at the pg position. We don't need a major upgrade just some help and I believe Williams can do the job. Aaron Brooks is doing great but he is more of a scorer than actual pg. Just throwing out my idea

14. fitchjs

fitchjs Member

By the way I forgot to mention this very important fact!

This trade porposal salaries match to qualify for a trade, and.....

We would save a little over $1,250,000.

This would leave us money to get Deke later.

15. yaomac11

yaomac11 Member

The rumor is New Jersey may be interested in Luther due to Harris' injury. How about Luther Head for Josh Boone or Sean Williams?

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Luther for Boone would be fantastic.

17. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Ha, but it aint happenin my nig.

Signed,

Rockafella Records

P.S....Buy the black album in stores 4 yrs ago. Hove! :cool: :cool:

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Ugh, I keep looking around for potential PGs that are realistic for us to get and it just doesn't look good. No doubt PG is by far the most difficult position to learn in the NBA. Hate all you want on Rafer, but without him we'd be far more lost than we seem to be now if he were to leave or get hurt. IMHO any rookie and/or overseas player, even if better statistically, will hurt us more than Rafer.

Over anything else, chemistry means much more in this league than his sub 40% FG shooting.

Face the facts, we are an aging team, it would be nuts to trade Scola, Landry, or Brooks, our most valuable trade assets. Scola to me is most untouchable. He is not the most skilled/athletic player, but his passion for the game makes me smile. Battier is untouchable. Numbers don't show his his value to this team. So that said, we don't really have any valuable trade assets. Francis and Head, maybe, but only because of the expiring contracts. But please get over the fantasy, NBA 2k9 video game fantasy of us getting a point better than Rafer. He IS our man.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Need an athletic big ASAP.

20. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

That would be great. Josh Boone is a PF/C and Sean Williams is really a PF. Another Stromile really but its good. I would take either one