1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ball Don't Lie] Rockets Off Season Roadmap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tshay, May 18, 2009.

1. tshay

tshay Contributing Member

[Ball Don't Lie] Rockets Off Season Roadmap (edited)

I actually seek out Kelly Dwyer's articles about the Rockets and found this one under a misleading title

Ball Don't Lie-Behind the Boxscore -Where the Lakers are moving on

Great read that DaDakota should like.

NOTE: I've edited it to only include the stuff about Ron Artest. Definitely a must read.

#1 tshay, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Ya that is like DD in a nutshell for sure.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Kelly is one smart man, he GETS it...he is almost as good a writer as Solomon.

:D

DD

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Good article. I can't really argue with is take on Ron but any player we bring in needs to bring some toughness. I really think Ron's attitude was his biggest asset so if we let him go it had better be for a veteran who can match what guys like Shane and Scola bring every night.

One weak link destroys the chemistry.

5. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I once saw someone has mentioned that KD told us not to post the entire article...

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Yep. These writers get paid based on the traffic their articles bring. I'm not sure why people don't get that and continue to post entire articles.

Post an excerpt from the article and a link if you want to make sure these guys can keep giving us good articles to read.

7. tshay

tshay Contributing Member

Oops. I've condensed it.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Please tell me your being sarcastic and that you don't actually like Solomon?!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like him well enough, sometimes.

;)

DD

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

This is a very true statement on the Rockets current state of affairs.

Tmac will not contribute or play again for the Rockets. Ron is a wild card who did not contribute when we needed him the most and is uncontrollable. I still don't like the offense that requires us to dump the ball to Yao every play. We are better when we diversify our offensive attack. Especially when teams front Yao and take him away.

Imagine what we could get for Ron (once he's signed), Tmac, Barry, and Cook (once he accepts his options).

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Haha :D :)

12. Seth

Seth Member

Suppouse we find a SG that deserves to start, what do you want to start Artest or Battier?

Is worth having artest or battier as sixth man? i think none of both fill that role well.

Unless Artest makes a big transition into changing himself into a 2 guard keeping both is unnecesary for me.
    The only chance i see is Battier making a transition into a Raja Bell kind of 2 guard, which i see much more likely than Artest doing so.

13. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Kelly Dwyer coming into the GARM and stealing DDs stuff. Can DD sue for copy right infringement or plagiarism?? :)