1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls Offer Gibson, Mirotic and McDermott for Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jul 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Bev
    Harden
    Ariza
    Gibson
    Howard. Bench players: Marion (3/4), Schved or Barea, and hopefully someone we have shines
    Man I wish Cleveland make the wrong choice and decide to hold on to wiggins.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Exactly, and if we could some how get a deal done for both Dragic and Gibson(entirely possible imo), we would make off GOLDEN.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. You just had to get greedy. Our assets are just enough to get us one in the right scenario (involving more than one team)

Both is a definite impossibility.

I would say I'm curious to see how you would propose we get both, but I doubt there's any convincing you you're way off

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If I were Minnesota, I don't trade Love for anyone until sometime after the season starts. What's the hurry to get rid of him now? Sure, Kevin Love will get disgruntled, but so what? Love's been disgruntled for a long time now and he's always played well and his trade value will be there.

Why don't I take some time to see how Wiggins, Bennett, Mirotic and whatever trade assets people are offering to me perform first?

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why the hell would minny take that garbage offer?

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I posted a scenario on the last page.

Basically

Jones, Capela, Rockets 2017 1st, Gee, future 2nd and rights to Llull for Gibson, and we could take on Martin's bad contract

Motiejunas, Canaan, Johnson, Pelicans 2015 1st, rights to Papanikolaou, future second and non guaranteed contracts for Dragic

We get Dragic, Gibson, Martin and have our full MLE and BAE left

7. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Why not?
    I actually like this for all teams.
    Gibson plays big. Hard slasher and good midrange shooter for PnR.+Defense. Mcbuckets raining 3s of Rubio assist's. Holes that need to be fixed but maybe this team wins more games. Seeing Love's stats didn't translate into wins get depth for 1 player.
    Bulls play Love + Noah. That's monster rebounding. Noah plays the defense Pekovic doesn't, to hide Love's.
    Cavs offer is amazing. Given that AW has superstar potential. However I think that should be the reason Cavs keep him. It's the Jordan Pippen wing defense all over again.(assuming AW translates into who he is projected to be.) Bennett is still a bust to me, if I'm Minny I ask for Thompson and Waiters + picks.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

I think thats a little much to give up for Gibson. But Id be all for having Martin backup Harden. Hes not a bad player (offensively) by any means. Just a bad contract. Gibson would also help tremendously as replacing Jones with him gives us 4 good defenders to cover up for Harden. Sign a Dwight backup and we'd be rolling.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah I just through as many assets in the trades as possible, point is that we'd have enough assets to get both Dragic and Gibson, we'd just need to be really, really lucky for both trades to line up lol

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

Hell, Id even be fine with just having Martin and Gibson. I think one of Canaa/Johnson can play backup. And I think Beverley- well more suited as a 6th man type- can handle the starting spot.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

LMAO, it's intriguing b/c tools of the Bulls say so. Gee, that combination may bring instant contribution, but how could it be intriguing and over Wiggins, Bennett and filler.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thats beauty of having assets too, even if we end up only landing Dragic, or only landing Gibson, (if were lucky enough to land either) we would still have the assets to go after the next avaliable player.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Any deal for Gibson should also include Shved. Rockets need another distributor and Shved would be perfect playing alongside either Harden, Beverley, Johnson or Daniels. Canaan would better complement Rubio too.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If Wiggins was in the table, Love would be a cav already.

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The Dwight trade?

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You're missing a major aspect. The NOP would have to go to Minnesota if we want Gibson. If they're passing up on Wiggins they'll need a lottery pick in the trade as well. And without the NOP pick we can't get Dragic.

Plus Phoenix isn't giving up dragic.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Having said that I will admit you're not ridiculous like I implied before. But still it's not doable for the reason I stated above.

18. Mr Chuck Norris

4 elite defenders around Harden love it. Bring the vipers off the bench and let them bomb away!

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol

Minny hasn't been offered Wiggins, their not passing up on anything.

Jones, Capela, 2017 Rockets first, rights to Llull, a future second and taking on Martins contract is definetly enough for Gibson.

You have no idea whether Suns are willing to give up on Dragic, don't count it out.