1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PETITION: Morey/McHale... Please play Royce White at PG in Summer League!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 13, 2012.

1. woodtee

woodtee Member

Yo! Fellow Clutchers!!! Is there anyone out there that has a direct line to McHale or Morey to tell them to give Royce playing time at PG position? Fortson sucks and Machado isn't looking great so far, why not take a look at Royce there? These games don't matter in the standings and really only let us see the potential of our young guys.

I see Mad Chicken playing SG (creative) now how about a 6'8" PG coupled with a 6'9" SG?

Our starting lineup could be huge!!! If nothing else, I'd just love to him play the point. He may be our only rookie drafted this year to stay so lets see what he can do.

Anyone with me?

2. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

I'd rather they claim he blew out his ACL and hide him somewhere for a while. Maybe we get to keep him that way. (And do the same with Lamb.)

3. Jamers

Jamers Member

4. Possum

Possum Member

Wow. You are on a roll. Keep up the good work.

5. QazQay

QazQay Member

Royce White was unimpressive in this game, but at least he didn't stink it up like Fortson and Machado.

I think we should try Lamb at pg though honestly

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Listen to the latest rockets podcast. They don't think he has star potential. They project him as a guy who will be a very good player.

7. woodtee

woodtee Member

Thanks man. I got motivated when some dude mentioned I only had 8 threads in 10 years! Also I'm actually really excited about everything going on this offseason. Haven't been this excited as a Rockets fan for years!!!

It seems that no matter what happens now I'll be psyched! Get Dwight... YAY!!! Keep Young Guns, YAY!!!

All I wanted was change. I loved Scola as a nice person to root for, but I could NOT handle another year of our BIG 3 being Lowry, Scola & Martin.

8. woodtee

woodtee Member

As I posted previously, I believe that most of us Clutchers know more about the Rockets than they do! Many of them probably say stupid stuff to get attention (positive or negative, I don't think they care) just to increase ratings.

9. AFS

AFS Member

I'd rather have Lamb looking to score before he looks to distribute.

10. woodtee

woodtee Member

Me too. If the Dwight deal doesn't happen, we can market to 4 rookies. Love to see a chemistry developed between Royce at PG to Lamb at SG. Throw in TJones at SF and Dmo at PF. The only non-rookie will be Asik at C.

We will lose tons of games but have fun a new, young, fresh, exciting losing team instead of boring, decent, semi-young assets.

11. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

I had actually the same thought as I watched the game. Royce looked bad on offense his first game but he does appear to have good court vision and great passing skills. He would be quick enough to guard the point. Plus by playing pg he could post up opposing pg's while having chicken head Doughnuts and Lamb to kick it out to.

Also Lamb needs to be more aggressive. He has the tools!

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Point Guard is a little excessive. But I do agree that he needs to be played at the wing (SF) position.

He needs to face the basket, attack the rim, and look for people on the open court. That's where he'll really excel!

14. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

It was completely obvious that Royce can not play power forward. It was just down right ugly.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Ya I dnt like white as much at the pf spot there not playing him to his strengths. Hes a 3 all the way on offense.

16. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Martin, Patterson, White, Morris.. plus some of our future picks.. for Dwight and bad contracts

take it or leave it.. Lakers will not give up Bynum, no other team will offer what we are offering( knowing that Dwight may not resign with us)

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Don't be surprised if the fix is in with Royce. I fully expect him to stink up the whole summer league.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Sure, why not? I don't see why a guy plucked near the end of the lotto draft wouldn't be talented enough to do something that no PF has ever done before successfully in the history of the NBA.

19. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Cmon now. You can't seriously believe that.

I actually wouldn't mind the Rockets going big with White playing "PG". Put Parsons on the opposing PG on D. Let White, Lamb and Parsons share PG duties. The Rockets don't run much of an offense anyway. Might as well exploit match-ups.

Parsons
    Lamb
    Morris
    White
    Motiejunas

20. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Hey, I just called Morey and let him know about your suggestion. He thanked you, and said he will use your idea this season. You're welcome.