1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Third test, Yao still got 29 points to lead all scoring, but China lost

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Jun 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

06/03

Third test series of China and New Zealand.
    Yao got 29 points to lead all scoring, 11 from the free throw line. China to New Zealand: 85:100

Full story:
    http://www.bbnz.org.nz/news.html?oid=2036349985

I cannot believe that Bateer only got four points.

First test:
    Yao 25 points, 11 rebounds and 7 seven blocks in 26 minutes.

Second test:
    Yao 19 points in a shorter time.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Did I just read that correctly? The "Burger King Tall Blacks"??

Is Shaq on their team, or something?

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

The New Zealend rugby team is known as the "All Blacks" because their uniforms are all black, I'm assuming the "Tall Blacks" is taken from that. Or they have a team of five Shaq's, either one.

4. edc

edc Contributing Member

29 points against five Shaq-clones? Wow! And some people were worried what Ming would do against just one... :D

5. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

What is with Yao continuting to lose jump balls to this guy Book who is 6'11"? Is Yao even jumping?

I'm also a bit concerned about any front line with Yao giving up 19 offensive boards to a team like New Zealand ...

Of course, I still say we pick him unless Brand is in the deal. :D