1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Cato Destination?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AT, Aug 3, 2001.

1. AT

AT Member

From ESPN Insider:

"The Blazers seem willing to accommodate. In fact, Wells was on the trading block even before the Blazers took a crack at Anderson. Several GMs confirmed to Insider that the Blazers have been looking to deal Wells along with Dale Davis since before the draft.

The Blazers would love to land a defensive-minded athletic big man in return. "

I know of one defensive-minded athletic big man I'd be willing to part with for Bonzi and D-Squared. Obviously we'd have to throw in some others but the gangstahz might just be stupid enough to take Cato back from us after seeing their last few moves. How Whitsitt still has a job is mystifying (along the lines of how Don Nelson is still in the NBA....).

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Hmm...interesting. I'm trying to remember if Volcato exploded that last win at Portland...or was that in Vancouver? Cause if it was Portland, they may have been impressed and stupidly willing to take back our bust Cato. Hey, they may think, "We let go of O'Neal, and look how he turned out...maybe Calvin has the potential!!!"

3. THE BREESE

THE BREESE Member

That would be a dream come true. Imagine getting rid of Cato:cool:

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Hmmmm. Let me take a crack at the answer to that question:

Because Nelson and Whitsitt both had teams that won more than 50 games last year. Yeah I think that would probably be the reason.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Cato "exploded" against Vancouver.I'don't know if there is any interest in Portland to get him back,I would be very surprised if there was any.

6. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

Cato is just as good as AJ Barfoot in the CBA