1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I lost my son and my ex-wife on July 2nd 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by imasonamagun, Jul 14, 2014.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My GOD, how did I miss this thread?

I lost a child at birth in 2009, but I can't imagine what you must be going through. Wish there was something I could say to make it better, but I just don't have anything.

I guess the only good thing that can come of this is that it can bring you and your daughter closer. Tragedy has a strange way of doing that. Certainly did with my wife and I. Be there for your daughter. Sounds like you already get that and that you're an amazing Dad. There are no people in the world that I respect more than men who are good fathers to their kid(s).

As a relatively new father myself, people like you inspire me.

2. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

Six months ago today........ Six months......Jesus, it's hard thinking that this much time has passed since this tragedy. It feels like yesterday, A million years could pass and it would feel like yesterday. I held him in my arms and prayed and prayed and cried........ My son Jason, I miss you more and more as each day passes. I have finally received their foot stones at the grave site. They did a fantastic job with them. I will still move forward as a Father and a man but not a moment goes by that their memories aren't honored and remembered. Rest in Peace my loves.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

How's Savannah doing?

1 person likes this.
  4. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Prayers sent again

1 person likes this.
  5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Praying for you man. I know this holiday season has been tough, but hope that in this New Year, you and your daughter can continue to find peace.

6. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

She is doing wonderfully. She started piano lessons and pre-k, so all is well with her. Thanks for asking.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Makes me want to appreciate even more moments with my 4 year old boy.

8. the shark

the shark Member

I pray that you find peace my friend.

9. treeman

treeman Member

I lost a son in 2010, so I have an idea what you are going through. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. By far the worst thing that's ever happened in my life.

It's good that you have another and more on the way, the surviving children help to keep you strong, because you have to be there for them.

I would say it gets easier as time goes by, but it never goes away. You just learn to deal with it. For me it was other family and God, others will cope in different ways. Whatever you have to do to keep going for your surviving kids, that's what you do.

Prayers out.

1 person likes this.
  10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Stay strong brother. Prayers sent your way! CF brotherhood is here for you!

11. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Prayers for you also bro, I did not know.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Really sorry to read this. :(

13. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

God will grant u the strength for every day. Praying for u.

14. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

15. NateNate

NateNate Member

How nice is that! Hope you're doing as well as you can man. You sound like a strong person.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Stay strong OP, and hold your head.

I know that OP probably already knows this better than most, but when tragedy or hard times strike, the old saying: "Take things one day at a time." It takes on a whole new yet literal and simple meaning. The big picture will always seem overwhelming, daunting, dark, and horrific. But focusing on each day, in that moment, and wholly on it and nothing else can bring a sense of peace and and solace.

We don't know what the future holds, and we sure as hell can't control it. But each day, we can can do a thing or two to get through it. I've been forced to live with this outlook for the last few months. And if can get through the situation that my family and I are currently facing, we all can face our hardships and beat them.

Prayers to you and you family OP, and to anyone else out there facing tough times.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Gestures like this mean so much. That was a wonderful thing for them to do, providing some light in the middle of a nightmare. I talk about those close to me that I have lost. It's a way to keep them "alive." My kids never knew my father, but the entire time they were growing up, if chance gave me an opportunity, I told them stories about their grandfather. Not only is it a window into what they have lost, it has helped me deal with the loss as well.

1 person likes this.
  19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I heard about this last night and thought about you and your family. Hope you and your daughter are doing well.

20. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I feel the same way. In fact, for those that I have lost, I never talk about them in "past tense", because the things I've learned from them, is a major part of who I am to this very day. And by living from their examples (that I was taught growing up), they are still alive to me.

1 person likes this.