1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Current 12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfat, Oct 1, 2003.

1. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

As of now. Project them please.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

1: Steve Francis, Moochie Norris
    2: Catino Mobley, Eric Piatkowski
    3: Jim Jackson, Adrian Griffin, Bostjan Nachbar
    4: Mo Taylor, Eddie Griffin
    5: Yoa Ming, Kelvin Cato, John Amaechi

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Poor Boki.

He is now officially, "next year's 1st rounder". :)

4. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

(I fixed some typos above)

That roster looks pretty good!

So compared to last years...

We lost: Tmo, Hawkins, Rice, Posey, Collier, Tito Maddox

We gain: Piatkowski, Jim Jackson, Adrian Griffin, John Amaechi, and Mike Wilks? <--- according to ESPN

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Although I am one of the people that think the Rice deal was a decent deal, it is true that we haven't addressed our need at the PF. The West is bigger this year than last, and we have not upgraded our 4 position (our biggest weakness). I hope that the exception and another player are used to net us a quality PF. If Griffen pans out, great, but I would like to see us solid at the 4.

However, we did add shooting (another weakness last year), and vet. leadership (something that was sorely needed) with our trade and free agent pickups this off-season. We're definately deeper and all-around better than last year.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I think Wilks will beat out Norris and I think Jackson will be used off the bench. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mobley's minutes be severely reduced. On a championship caliber team, Mobley is a sixth man in the Vinny Johnson mold.

7. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

I think game muoneke is better than john amaechi, he will make the team over john amaechi

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Mueneke is a position-less player. He was serviceable in college because of his bulk, but he is too short to play PF and lacks the ball handling and shooting skills to play SF in the NBA. Amaechi is a respectable back up center with a nice touch.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

PG: Francis/Norris
    SG: Mobley/Piatkowski
    SF: Jackson/Griffin/Nachbar
    PF: Mo Taylor/Eddie Griffin
    C: Yao Ming/Kelvin Cato/John Amaechi

Mine is the same as some others. As someone mentioned it's possible Wilks could surpass Mooch, but that's about it.

10. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

I also agree (and hope), that Wilks surpasses Norris. I am encouraged by the fact that Van Gundy see through crap such as Rice, and hope he eliminates Norris (and maybe Cato) as well.