1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Mavs to sign DeAndre Jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2015.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There was no "official confirmation" on the microfracture. But when people put Parsons on the spot asking SPECIFICALLY if he had it, he didn't say "no" but rather "the Mavs don't want me to talk about it." So take that for what you will.

1 person likes this.
  2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Lin is actually a good option for them. They will suffer on D, but with Mathews and Jordan's D they can cover up a lot of holes from Parson and Lin. And Lin fits in their offense of pick & pop along with lobbing to Jordan. Parsons can run the floor with Lin during transition. Problem for them will mainly be the go to person down the stretch in playoff. Dirk is too old, the other guys have potential but not proven.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think Lin is way overrated. As for who they go to down the stretch, it'll be Dirk. And he'll fail to deliver just like he did in the playoffs last year. He's too old to carry a team.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Dallas is going to suuuuuck! LOL Deandre Jordan is such a joke. So mentally weak that he leaves money on the table in LAC for some mediocre team! Just so that he can get away from CP3's "gestures"? He's a mental midget - perfect for Dallas.

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Corey Joseph 4 year 30 mil. That's overrated. Lin was overpaid. I think he's underrated now. He was overrated right after Linsanity, which led to his contract by Morey. He's about 5mil under the old cap, with the new cap space, everyone is being paid crazy. If Dallas gets him for 5 mil, it is cheap.

Yes, the go to guy will be Dirk, and yes he's too old to carry, which makes it a major problem to Dallas as I stated previously. Everything is falling into Parsons' wishes, now he has a chance to demand to be the go to person, but he aint one.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[McMahon] Parsons on Jordan: "We plan on playing the rest of our career together" (twitter.com)

7. count_dough-ku

We'll see about that. If the Mavs flame out in Round 1 again, how eager will Cuban be to resign Parsons next summer if he opts out?

8. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

Didn't he say that about us too?

9. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

Cuban loves Parsons so he'll be back if he wants to stay in Dallas

10. baubo

baubo Member

I don't think he's underrated in the sense of winning basketball. Put him on a team with stars, and he has trouble because he's hesitant with decisions and don't move well off the ball. Put him on a team where's the main ballhandler, and that team can't be good, or else he wouldn't dominate the ball.

I do think Dallas is a good fit though. Mathews and Parsons are more beta and Jordan is a great P&R man. Dirk really declined this year quite a bit and should decline further next year. Lin is a good piece to put them in contention for that 8th seed. Especially since their bench is non-existent now.

LOVE this move because now both the Clippers and the Mavs are on paper a tier below us, with no major avenues to upgrade. Spurs, Warriors, Thunder, and we should be clear 4th and chips to move up the ladder during the season.

11. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

The best center in the league and the best SF in the league....wow lol

12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I'm trying to take off the homer glasses and understand why the Mavs off season is considered such a huge success by the media. Taking the third best player from three playoff teams (Wes, CP, DJ) and putting them on one team doesn't really scream big 3, especially after two had major injuries. If the upgrades were made at positions that were weak and they added these players instead of just replacing / slightly upgrading what they had then I could understand their point. $55M for a guy coming off an achilles tear is really rolling the dice, and its absurd he was offered even more from the Kings and declined it. History speaks for itself when it comes to this type of injury. Mavs will win <45 games this coming season.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN sources say Mavs owner Mark Cuban has been fined $25,000 for publicly discussing Mavs' looming deals w/DeAndre Jordan and Wes Matthews</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/618435392027529216">July 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think they'll be good enough to make the playoffs...provided they don't deal with lengthy injuries to Dirk or Jordan.

But I do agree entirely that they've collected and overpaid a group of guys who have never been better than a 3rd option on any team....and on teams that were never good enough to win it all or even play for a title.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cuban has done this before, it was just so long ago it's hard to remember. A few names that come to mind... Jamison, Dampier, man there were so many more.

Then he switched gears and started letting guys like Nash walk. Eventually it resulted in a title.

Maybe there's some sort of method to the madness.

16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

The Mavs are a good team and Jordan is a good signing for them, but at the end of the day they'll go where Dirk takes them and Dirk isn't what he once was. They're not significantly improving - just moving laterally/treading water.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If they are healthy, the Mavs should be battling Jazz and Pelicans for 7th and 8th spot in the West.

I give Jazz and Pelicans the edge because Mavs dont have enough offense as it stands.

18. count_dough-ku

You know, I keep forgetting about the Jazz. They did close the season on a tear after the All-Star Break. If they stay healthy, they could compete for the 8th seed.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yep, Jazz will be legit next year. Plus, from a Rockets POV, Gobert appears to be kryptonite for both Harden and Howard. He just owns the paint.

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

With the decline of Dirk, an injury that will keep Parsons out the beginning of the season, and potentially a slower Wes Matterws I don't see too much difference between the Mavs and Kings at this point. A group of talented people just thrown together with a solid coach, I think the Kings will be the ones battling for the 8th spot. Cousins and Cauley-Stein seems pretty scary.