1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Raiders @ Texans 11/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 14, 2013.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

huh? i take it you just look at the box scores if those are your arguments.

i mean... #1 defense? lololololol

top 10 rushing attack - w/o foster at that! lolololololol

2. Remix

Remix Member

While the QB change and Andre walking off will get the most attention we seriously need to fix this defense. 3 TD's to an undrafted 4th string QB in the red zone? Unacceptable

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

The thing is, you're stunting the growth of a young QB. I'd rather Keenum get his butt handed to him by all the blitzing, and having him watch film and learn how to read defenses better than having Schaub coming back and trying to win the game for us.

Winning the game does NOTHING for us. Especially not with Schaub at the helm.

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Holy Cow we lost to a team that NFL.com doesn't even do the 'Gameday' highlights for...smh.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I think the big point (for me at least) is that the season is lost. Maybe Kubes thought Schaub gave us a better chance to win. And Schaub did have us in position to do so at the very end. But it doesn't matter. Schaub is done here. Even if he is/were better than Keenum, he's not worth $14.5M. He's going to get cut (and if he isn't, well . . . I have no words). So what's the point in bringing him in to try to win a meaningless game. I'd much rather leave Keenum in, even if he doesn't do as well. Because 1) it's gives us more to evaluate him on and 2) it gives him more experience and more opportunity for improvement.

I just don't see the benefit of playing Schaub. Why? Maybe we win and get a lower draft pick and Kubiak still gets fired and Schaub still gets cut?

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What sucks is that 8-8 can get you in the playoffs this year. Texans choked over and over and over.

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

???
    Our 2 wins have been 4th quarter comebacks by Schaub. Our losses have been blowouts and then not being able to finish with Keenum after hot starts. I didn't think it was a bad call to put Schaub in the game, Keenum just hasn't been able to move it in 2nd half.

Thanks. I was at the game so I couldn't really tell.

8. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

Numbers don't lie?? You give up the least passing yards in a game on a weekly basis, isn't that their job?.. It's a passing league, every defense is getting torched by Quarterbacks, unfortunately our Quarterbacks aren't torching anybody else's defense.

9. Ashes

Ashes Member

We lost to the better team.

10. SevenMinuteAbs

I think the outrage might have to do with the fact that Schaub can't throw a ****in redzone touchdown (or any kinda touchdown for that matter). Whereas Case has has done it every single week.

And maybe Dre's frustration is stemming from catching 5 touchdown passes the previous 2 weeks, and Schaub hasn't thrown him a ****in touchdown passes in 2 years.

I'm just guessing though.

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Understandable. I don't think NFL coaches actually think that way though,

12. TheresTheDagger

Well, everybody strap in and get on that Tank.

Maybe that's why Kubiak put Schaub in....in order to properly tank the season.

We actually are only 1 game behind the Jags for that #1 pick. Lets do this!

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

jesus christ go away.

14. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Apparently, neither do you with your constant Schaub support no matter what.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

8 losses might do this.

remember though.. we are talking bob *cheap cheap*

Mc Status Quo is going to ride these home sellouts and money grab as long as he can.

This is a nuclear winter ownership.

Brace yourselves.. it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Even then the constant is ownership. This is going to take several more years to come out.. so in that sense we are still in the beginning stages of the comedy. This is still act 1. As long as mcnair is owner winning wont matter, hurt feelings, raising parking prices, thats the real bottom line.

And you thought rosencopter was the low light? chuckle how cute. Cant wait to see mccheap trying to trade out of the #1 pick because hes scared to spend. Or use the #1 to pick the 3rd best on the board because of signability. We've seen that one before.

Not a winning ownership. Mccheap needs to sell the team and show the city of houston some mercy.

And people were saying *rock bottom* 4 losses ago.

16. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Lol oelman. Give it up man. Schaub is done

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

More people should be happy. This team at best, will win two more games.

4-12.......Top 5 Pick.

If you lose one to Jacksonville, you are staring at 3-13 and a top 3 with the potential to grab Clowney.

I couldn't be more excited, keep in mind I gave up playoff hopes after the loss to the Colts.

18. Mr. Space City

there was absolutely no reason to put schaub in the game.

schaub was done in houston. people could live with case struggling, NOT schaub.

and i don't even put blame on schaub. whether he wins or loses he was still going to be hated. not like the texans were still in the playoff hunt.

very unfair for kubiak to put schaub in that situation. probably kubiak worst coaching move ever.

19. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

theyve given up tons of yards on penalties that dont effect that statistic.. they are also one of the worst in red zone defense.. thats the problem with ranking stuff based on total yards..

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This has got to rank up there with worst losses in texans history. What was that guy a 4th stringer? Practice squad first start ever? Yeah we got injuries but McFadden was out and I couldn't even recognize half off the guys on the field for the Raiders.

At home no less.

Well we have two opportunities to exceed this with the Jags.:p