1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

If Suarez finds his groove, I love Barca's chances in the CL. C'mon Luis.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm turning this thread into my personal diary of LFC disappointment.

So now Rodgers is getting rejected by schitty players too? Can't even pry a sub-par striker off of a lowly Burnley team, regardless of PL rules and regulation. Dude really makes King Kenny look like a recruiting machine. With all his faults, he at least got Carroll (who at that time was having a brilliant campaign at NUFC), Suarez (who almost won us the league), and Henderson (our future skipper).

I wished we can hire a mauri clone to exclusively deal with transfers. Rodgers is all talk.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Bayern 1-4...dafuq. Everyone still not awake for the 2nd half of the season...

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

My dude, you seem to be concentrating a wee bit too much on Rodgers.
    Not sure you realize Ian Ayre deals as much or even more with the "recruiting" and player transfers than Rodgers does.
    If you're looking for someone to blame, Ayre's your guy.

I believe Comolli was your "Mauri" clone initially(until they realized he was ****e at his job).
    Now the "Mauri" Footy version for your team is Michael Edwards but even then they're still doing the transfer by committee and not one singular Director working with the Manager. Ayre, Rodgers, Edwards and Fallows(who's in charge of recruiting) and I believe Barry Hunter is your team's chief scout and he is also on the transfer committee. IMO that's 3 more people than necessary. Liverpool have too many cooks in the kitchen and it's hurting more than helping.

Either way if you're looking for people to blame, I'd blame in order

1) Ayre (2) Edwards (3) Fallows (4) Rodgers.

That's blame regarding off-field stuff- recruitment, transfers, failed transfers, etc.
    Obviously you have to blame Rodgers for the on-field stuff-tactics and bad player positioning as well as team style of play.

5. ferrari77

Wolfsburg gave Mueller and the rest of the Bayern lads a tougher test than the usual training sessions I guess. :grin:

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Sterling is brilliant today.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Sturridge!!!!!!!!! what a comeback

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This just goes to show how badly Balotelli sucks.
    Sturridge comes back and already has more EPL goals than Balo.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Balotelli after 12 matches - 0 goals.
    Sturridge after 12 minutes - 1 goal ahaha

10. RedRedemption

Balo doesn't have any more excuses lol.
    If he can't score or at least contribute in a two forward formation with Sturridge then he's gone.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

******* you're right. I forgot how much I disliked Ayre as well. I didn't know about Edwards and Fallows, so I'm hating on Rodgers and Ayre. What a bad combination those two make.

As for today's game. What a nice relief to actually have a striker who scores. Let's hope Sturridge can sustain his health. But Rodgers should definitely still look for another REAL striker because putting our faith on Sturrdge's health is too risky.

12. ferrari77

Man the Balotelli deal should be what slaps some sense into John Henry and makes him disband his useless "transfer committee".
    From all I've read, Rodgers wanted Wilfried Bony. Apprtly the rest agreed on Balotelli. Bony wanted weekly wages in the low six figures like a number of EPL stars have. Liverpool said no and that was that. Now this month City paid his transfer fee, upped the wage demands and are going to give him Champions League Football. If only Liverpool made the move last summer once they knew they couldn't get Alexis Sanchez. Everything about the Balotelli move reeked of desperation.

Hopefully Sturridge can right the ship for you all but even then, he'll need support at some point and everyone knows by now that it's silly to count on Balotelli. Maybe Rickie Lambert will be the man!:grin:

13. RedRedemption

We will give it one more go with Balotelli playing alongside Sturridge, most likely.

If he fails, then obviously he's gone by the transfer window in the summer.

Honestly, Balotelli was never supposed to function as lone striker or play alongside Lambert or Borini. He was supposed to be paired with Sturridge; that was the intention. This is his last chance, I really hope he succeeds, because Balotelli has the potential to be a very very deadly weapon.

14. ferrari77

That's the story of his entire career so far (from his teen days at Inter up to now) and that will be the story when the sun sets on it imo.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think Balo's CL win with Inter is and will be the reason he keeps getting contracts for the rest of his career. Dude is just too stupid to be able to have a long, successful career on the pitch. He's fooled so many teams and I wonder what team will be foolish enough to give him money after LFC. I'd be really surprised if it's a CL team.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Balotelli can mature mentally he still has a chance to salvage his career

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think by the time he realizes he's an idiot, it'll be too late and he'll be just about to retire or play at MLS at age 32. Then he'd probably go and do something stupid and get arrested and no one will care.

18. RedRedemption

I would love Balotelli in the MLS.
    Seems to be more at his competition level than EPL. :p

We still have the opportunity to sell Balotelli and buy Berahino this month if Liverpool wants to do that.
    Damn I wish Balotelli would pan out. I mean he's much better than Lambert and Borini as a striking partner with Sturridge. Or at least he should be..

Liverpool please be the team to fix him!!!!

This Reddit post basically sums up how Liverpool fans, including myself, have felt about Balo. :(
    Like in that first game where he completely shanked the ball and missed the opportunity to nab a goal with the goalie out of the net... that's when the rationalization of his poor play started. :(

#1538 RedRedemption, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

News from the court regarding Barca&Neymar:

Barca paid 95mil instead of the official 57. Bartomeu only admitted to 86mil in court, not known where the rest of the money went.

They also have clear evidence that Bartomeu put at least 2.8mil of the deal into his own pockets.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Barca team is teasing me. I want to buy in so bad but I don't want to get fooled. Sweet comeback.