1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just had a car accident. Advice?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NateNate, Oct 29, 2013.

1. NateNate

NateNate Member

The story goes...

I was driving down beechnut when i look in the rear view and see a car approaching me from behind really fast! Speed limit is 35-40 and they're going AT LEAST 55-60. I'm thinking it's some A hole racing trying to scare me or just being a dick so surely they willget over. No. At the last second they swerve slightly and BOOM! rear ended me and i go spinning around they street out of control. I believe they tried to flee but their car was inoperable because they were so far ahead of me. They were a younger Asian couple driving wreck less. (nothing to do with race just trying to paint a picture)

I'm looking for advice on where i go from here. Luckily i wasn't seriously injured but once i got Home my back started really tightening up on me and everyone is saying i will fill it tomorrow.

I think i may see a doctor tomorrow. Should i contact a lawyer? Do i call their insurance myself first thing in the morning? My car is totaled. When can i expect from their insurance company?

Any suggestions will help guys. Thanks

2. NateNate

NateNate Member

Sorry for the errors and spelling I'm typing on a crappy phone.

3. Carmenjello

Carmenjello Member

inb4 asian jokes

and

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

Contact insurance ASAP or else they may deny your claim based on lateness.

Get medically assessed so you can use the report to claim damages in the future.

Insurance will appoint attorneys if you have sufficient insurance coverage.

5. ashiin

ashiin Member

I hope you got their license plate down

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

I got all their info. Plate, insurance

7. NateNate

NateNate Member

I was told when i call their insurance they would give me a claim # and i could use that at the hospital . I do have medical insurance but i shouldn't have to use mine correct?

8. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm not a resident of the US. But the third party insurance should operate before your medical insurance. If he is at fault, which he clearly was, then he is liable for all of your expenses both medical and vehicular.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Do you have insurance? Part of their job is to contact the other guys insurance.

10. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Were the police called to the scene?

11. NateNate

NateNate Member

I do have liability insurance. You're suggesting i Call my insurance first?

12. NateNate

NateNate Member

Yes. It was classified as a major accident. I have case #

13. NateNate

NateNate Member

This was my understanding.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

In my opinion, you shouldve asked for an ambulance when the cops were at the scene. Gone to the hospital. Had the full body CT done to rule out a fracture. Then contacted your lawyer and insurance company.

You should absolutely go to the doctor and have a full physical examination. And he/she will most likely order tests. Then as folks have mentioned, call a lawyer...

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I pay my insurance company to do all the leg work for me. That is part of their job.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Ok, was worried there was no police report or anything but looks like you did everything right.

17. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Yeah Asians are always souping up their cars or putting decal stickers on their backpacks or racing old ladies on the road to give their penises some more girth. In the end they wind up like a bowl of ramen, noodly and full of soy sauce.

Hope they learn from this.

1 person likes this.
  18. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

I agree. We should ban Asians from owning cars altogether. In fact, we should send them to internment camps for being such ****ty drivers. You with me on this Honey Bear? Let's start a petition!

1 person likes this.
  19. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

this happened to me back in 98
    i left the accident with all of the other driver's information,
    a few hours later my back was in a lot of pain, if you are looking to get compensated for your pain and suffering you need to get a lawyer, it's probably easier to get a lawyer if you only want then to take care of your medical issues and your vehicle, til this day my hip is messed up from that wreck and the insurance company of the offending driver ended up paying me 4,500 for medical and to fix my vehicle

if it were to happen to me again i'd just get a lawyer cause the insurance company isnt going to care about your health 15 years from now

20. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I'm not an advocate of banning them from driving altogether. They are a part of society and do have to go places and far be it from me to suggest just because someone can't open their eyes they can't drive.

BUT.

This kind of overcompensatory behavior won't be tolerated from me.

It won't be tolerated by my peers.

And it won't be tolerated by my women.

Their safety is far more important.