1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After 2-0 start, have your expectations changed?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by moonsh0t, Sep 15, 2014.

?

Have your expectations for the season changed after the Texans 2-0 start?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No

111 vote(s)
    68.1%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he's rooting for our starting QB to have an injury....wouldn't be the first time Texans fans openly pulled for that to happen. Don't we have great fans?

2. StevieCrossover

As long as foster and johnson are heLthy, we got a good chance.

3. conquistador#11

even if we go 16-0, i still would not be happy because we didn't do it against peyton manning's colts.
    =/

lol at some of our debbie downer fans.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This year's 2-0 definitely has a different feel than last year.

I like the way BOB gets a lead, then goes conservative and eats up clock with the power running game. Like I said in another thread, it's nice to know that when we lose games this year, it won't be because we got out-coached.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

That happens in every NFL city. I'm sure there would have been plenty of Washington fans who quietly whispered, "Guilty."

Fans are far more vitriolic than they were 10, 15, 20 years ago.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Wasn't that exactly what Kubiak did (and was crucified for it)? I definitely think BOB has tremendous potential - but this doesn't look too terribly far removed from '11-'12 good Texans, IMO.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Except, I can't call the play before it's run anymore. And they move around formations more than Kubiak did it seems.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I said power running game.

So far, the Texans have converted 55% of 3rd down conversions. That's currently the 4th best percentage in the league. That's how you eat up clock and win games.

Last year, it was only 35% which was the 21 best in the league. Even the good Texans in 11-12 were only 38%.

9. mario_v

mario_v Member

No, I'm not rooting for that at all. I hope Fitzpatrick does good but the truth is he is not a good starting qb. We've been fortunate to have such an easy start to the season.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's done very well so far, exceeded any expectations. He's thrown 0 picks and currently has the 2nd highest QB rating in the NFL. I'm not a Fitz fan, but you have to give him credit for how how's played.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If he goes 11-6
    Do we resign Mallet and have him sit behind him next season?
    Savage on the Practice Squad?

No Need to draft a QB or look else where?

Rocket River
    Questions for the off season

12. Classic

Classic Member

Is it Sunday, yet?!

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope not. My greatest fear for the Texans is that BOB will fall in love with Mallett like Kubiak did with Schaub and we'll be force fed him down the line. I just don't buy the line that Mallett is a franchise QB in waiting.

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

In a nutshell, no.

Short term results ala the Chiefs.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

We haven't played much competition, but I have been impressed with Foster, and our defense as a whole. Also have been impressed with Fitzpatrick. He isn't wowing anyone, that much is obvious. It's what he's NOT doing. He's not turning the ball over!

The offense has been playing fairly well though. Receivers seem to be very active and physical. Andre seems happy, which can only mean he must think Houston at least is on track, I hope at least.

It's hard to say what they are capable of, but I think they could actually beat out Indianapolis for the division title.

10-6

16. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Are they really more vitriolic, or is just the social media and instant access to thousands of people's opinion's during a game that make it seem that way? 15-20 years ago we would talk about sports at local bars, close friends, barber shop, and in person people are less likely to say things like "I HOPE HE GETS HURT" then from behind a keyboard.

Just a thought!

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Is tomorrow Sunday?

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Colts loss at home sucks for anybody with lofty expectations. Now back to back road games. Monday night PIT is a great opportunity with the extra rest. We'll see.

That said, we still have 4 games against Jags/t*** so you could still get to 7 wins with just your division opponents.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The only thing I think that we have to look forward to now is trying to beat Indy @ Indy (something we've never done). At least there's one achievement/milestone left to reach for.

Sorry folks, a playoff team this ain't.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

We can look forward to Clowney.

90 and 99 was the only thing I was looking forward to this year anyways. Now it might finally come.