1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey, yall. I'm back, and need a hand.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ballerboy001, Aug 31, 2015.

1. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

Hey all. I know last time I made a thread, it was with a heavy heart. This time around, it's not so much a heavy heart I have, but I need a hand, if you can lend one.

As my page will further explain, I'm trying to finish my associate degree in Recording, Producing, Engineering and Management. Unfortunately, the only way I can do so is by paying the college I took a summer term at 2 years ago 1300 dollars becaus I didn't finish due to illness.

The past few months have been rough. I was recently discharged from the ER due to an extreme dental abscess. The right side of my face was the side of two grapefruit! Over the past few months, I've dealt with depression, bed bugs, deteriorated oral health, but I'm still standing. I have a vision, and want to make this world better, but I can't do those things alone, nor on failed health. I'd ask my dad for help, but he died in 2002 and you already know what happened with my mother.

Thanks if you've read this far. Bless you all and remain positive.

http://www.gofundme.com/HelpCoreyGetXcript

1 person likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm confused. How were you able to get into the "Nelly" school the first time without the transcript fro Meramac?

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

gonna have to read the old threads

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Nelly school? Why not Devry?

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Who are you and why are you asking me questions?

6. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I was there in the first place becaus the government wasn't as strict. They are now cracking down on this type of issue, especially schools that receive government funding (ie community colleges). It's a nelly school THRU Vatterott, by the way. The same Vatterott that has 28 campuses across the nation.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Oh, so a for-profit college. Like DeVry.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

dude... don't go to a for profit school.

9. bobrek

I guess my confusion follows:

You took a summer term at Meramac and fell ill. The implication is that you did not finish the summer term and thus, would not have any credits to transfer. What good is the transcript? What is on the transcript that is needed by the Nelly school? Just trying to understand why there is anything of value on the transcript.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good luck, OP.

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I believe the transcript is for funding only. I'm guessing it confirms the aid you received already to determine your eligibility. Without it, no Pell Grants, Loans etc. Previous school has to send it.

Good luck baller. Double check if the old school is onside by insisting you pay their legal fees before releasing this. Sounds like extortion to me. Your current school's financial office may be aware of hardship grants/bridge loans. They do want you enrolled.

Also....make sure this degree is genuinely leading you where you need to go and worth your time and money. Maybe there's another way to the industry?

#11 bnb, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This.

Chase your dreams.

13. bobrek

OK

Back to Corey...

Why do you owe Merramac $1300?

I'm not intentionally trying to be a pain, just trying to understand the entire story.

14. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

THIS. Receiving gov grant money from 2 years ago is the reason. I don't need the classes, since I received zero credit, Vatterott wants to make sure I'm not just abusing government grant money. Therefore, I need the Xscript from Meramec to give to Vatterott, so they can see tangible proof of my progress there (or lack thereof). EI by Nelly thru Vatterott although private, and for profit, has instructors that have been in the industry. My dean engineered Nsync's album.

You can't get this kind of experience at public colleges.

15. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

I received gov grant money to go to Meramec. I didn't complete the term, and therefore the gov money was taken back, and I owe for classes taken.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why the f do you need to pay for a simple transcript? USA is crazy.

17. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

it's not paying for a transcript.

it's paying old debts before they'll release the transcript.

and you may be right on your second point.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm confused even further. You could literally go to lonestar for free probably. He'll they'd probably be paying you. And you're worried about a transcript for one semester?

19. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

First of all, I'm in St. Louis, MO. Relocating isn't an option due to my family situation (taking care of disabled brothers). Secondly, who does Lonestar have that used to be in the industry? I'm sitting in a classroom right now with an instructor that used to engineer for Crucial Conflict, Wild Style and other house DJs.

Another instructor used to engineer for Jim Jones.

The assistant dean is Adam Wyshmaster Cherrington, responsible for T-pain and Lonely Ishland's "I'm on a boat."

Can you name other colleges that have this? There's more. I'll share a video. Soon from February.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah okay. Still a weird situation.