1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith signs with Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Lawson - Bev
    Harden - Terry - Thornton
    Ariza - Brewer
    Dmo - Jones - Smith
    Dwight - Capela

We should have been 12 deep. k. So Marcus might be pushing it :) and let the rookies develop
    And before you say there aren't enough minutes, let's not pretend some of these big men miss games....often

2. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Why are people still taking about Smoove? He's a clipper, who cares about him anymore

1 person likes this.
  3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Agreed. KJ will do nothing for us this season comparable to JS

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

He left. Let it go. Move on. He's not coming back. For the love of baby Jesus, do not bump this after every Clippers/Josh Smith game.

Some of you sound like Cuban/Parsons/Mavs about losing DeAndre. Let it go! it's over!

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

For those sick and tired of posters complaining about losing Smith.....try not clicking a thread with Josh Smith in the title.

6. bmd

bmd Member

We should be thankful that Harden is a team player.

I think Harden sitting out the 4th quarter was less about Harden not playing well and more about McHale not wanting to do anything to screw up the amazing run the guys on the court were having. And I'm sure Harden completely understood.

7. OpenLayup-Why3?

Clippers bench is full of ball hogging chuckers like Stephenson, Smith, Rivers and Crawford, that it will destroy their team morale, despite having strong Paul and Spears' leadership. 1 of them is too much on the court, 4 is going to be a disaster.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Smoove gave us one of the all time great Rockets moments with the Game 6 comeback. I will always remember Josh Smith fondly.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Because he still look okay.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big deal. We got the best Josh has left (at the big discount)...and I'm grateful for it. Due to DMo s injury, we needed him to assume the larger role he craves. It worked out as well as it could.

As others have said though, he's a chucker extraordinaire. And he just doesn't have the discipline/team mentality to just come in play great D and limit his shots....checking the monster ego at the door. It's a leopard/spots thing.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

No way Doc puts him on the court when it's winning time. McHale wouldn't have either if he would've had a healthy Dmo down the stretch.

That's exactly why he's not Houston anymore, and probably why he won't be playing for the Clippers after this season.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

He's gonna regret this decision soon.

13. hakeemthagreat

If this were the case then we should've resigned him. Jones disappeared like Whodini in the playoffs, while Smith clearly put us over the top

14. hakeemthagreat

Just imagining the field day Blake Griffin has with DMo guarding makes my stomach hurt:(

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

This is very simple for me: You cheer Josh when his name is announced in pre-game, then you boo the entire Clipper team for the rest of the night.

Maybe throw in a pre-game cheer for Deandre, too, because he kicked Cuban/Dirk/Chandler in their collective cojones.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Smith was awesome when he was here. He's gone now and I have faith in DMo. Not so much in TJones.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Wow Josh was playing so great in Clippers so far.

It's so terrible that Dmo and TJ are all injury prone. SMH.

18. NewAge

NewAge Member

Yes, true that. To that you have to add that PP has had the ball all his life (he's now saying the right things, that he would just be spotting in the corner.. whatever, this is still very unnatural for him), plus DAJ whose whole thing about moving to DAL was because he wanted to be more featured. Now they have to tell him, 'just stick to setting picks, rolling, put backs, garbage points... We can't run plays for you, because we have Josh and Lance to chuck tnrees, and austin do his things...' What???

They felt that they couldn't run every single play through CP3 and Blake, but they overdid it now with way too many players who want the ball. Their best signing was wes Johnson, the rest are OK players who don't fit on a team with two of the top 10 offensive threats in the L already on the roster...

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I think Clint will get a lot of minutes even with Dwight playing on the floor.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I got this line from an article about Chris Paul breaking his finger:

The eight-time All-Star averaged 19.1 points, 10.2 assists and 1.9 steals per game in 2014-15 in leading the Clippers to the Western Conference semifinals, in which they lost to the Houston Rockets in seven games.
    ___
    It was the last sentence in the article. It made me smile.