1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Where is Hakeem?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Oct 3, 2015.

1. alethios

alethios Member

His Dreamshake leaves all the boys in the yard.

2. Ñandu

Ñandu New Member

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

No one in the nba has a thoroughly hopeless post game before Hakeem got to them (except maybe Lebron, he had the physical tools but his mechanics were wrong in just about every way)

4. nobie

nobie Member

those arent really post moves, they are more like "Power moves", he pushes his opponents off or dunks on there heads. He definetally could do more DMo-esq moves like more more fakes and counters, pumpfakes, etc. Would improve his %, since most of his hook shots are from really tough spots.

5. Aleron

Most of Dwight's shots are from really close, they have to be, because he has pretty much zero chance outside 3 feet as he has no touch whatsoever.

6. Amir's Johnson

He's next to the scuba diver and knight sitting on the table. :)

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

No, no improvement in skill or ability. Just confidence.

8. Aleron

Kobe didn't establish his pivot foot properly for the post, Lebron, well his entire mechanics were broken, footwork at all parts, how he controlled the ball, what he looked for in openings. Dmo didn't hold the ball properly, nor did he know how to read defenders.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I learned the dream shake from years of watching Dream do his business. Of course I still get blocked and have the ball stolen from under me, but I look damn good doing it. Jontro is all about style.

10. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Actually two years ago, there was a video posted on clutchfans off Dwight training with Hakeem. Interestingly the entire team were also there and DMo in particular seemed to pick up his spin moves quite well.

I agree that Hakeem has talent that you just can't teach however, if an individual has the substrate ie. Decent footwork and a soft touch then they can improve.

I don't think it is a coincidence that DMo improved his post moves significantly over the last two years and his fakes are very Hakeem-esque.

Give credit where it is due

11. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

D-Mo had great moves before Dream, and you need to know D-Mo to know where his progress came. Guess who is his favorite player is?

It'll explain a lot about his little post hook shots, little scoop shots, etc.

Only place where credit can be given is probably LeBron, but Lebron had the most room to improve of all players he's coached due to LeBron never spending a single second in the post prior. So no **** it'd go up, but the rest of the people...Amare, Josh Smith, Dwight, etc., nada.

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

How extensively did Dream work with DMo? I guess I just don't buy into the idea that a couple of conversations will outweigh years of hard work.

13. oakdogg

I replied to the wrong post just now. My bad.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

There's no doubt Hakeem helped DMo, especially on little things such as how to hold ball while spinning, etc. You can clearly see he was turning it over every damn time & he didn't lost a ball during last season.

Yes, DMo had post-moves before Hakeem took time to coach him, but he was still raw & had to improve. And damn, he did!
    [youtube]5fPsZx8E03o[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  15. PhiSlammaJamma

Hakeem lives in the hills of the Serengeti each time this year, where there appears to be a great migration of wildlife to his hut in his honor.

16. oakdogg

The Serengeti is in eastern Africa (Kenya), while Hakeem is from western Africa (Nigeria). Your ignorance is shameful!!!!

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Oakdogg, what's the deal today pimpin??? U can't be serious when saying that Dream hasn't help plenty of players with their elementary post games. D12 is a stubborn student who doesn't work on his off season game. He's a weightlifter playing ball.

18. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

This is very true. Dream's moves are his own idiosyncratic approach to the game. Every player brings to the game his own personal flair that no one else can ever copy. Whatever the Rockets pay Hakeem is a waste of money. But if it brings him to town and close to the team it is money well spent.