1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Random Trade Thought] Tmac to Detroit...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Jul 1, 2009.

1. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Ok if there is a random trade thread, sorry too lazy too look, feel free to merge or lock this :D.

Anyways, now that Charlie V & Ben Gordon are signed to Pistons for 5 years each and can essentially take spot of Hamilton and Tayshaun (IMO not in skill, but at least position wise), would a Tmac for Hamilton + Tayshaun make sense?

Obviously a trade like this would save us from rebuilding and POSSIBLY make us contenders again even without Yao/Artest.

The ONLY reason this makes sense for Detroit is because of articles like this:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...t=As_vuzpf5QqJ2QQzLwVWdXS8vLYF?urn=nba,174064

Which basically says: This is an ok haul, but they are getting themselves completely out of the '10 market, by getting Tmac's contract, they are right back in the '10 market and with a completely different look, which after the disaster last year, would make some sense to rehaul.

Obviously trade machine it works because Cfans have discussed this trade before, but it never really made sense for Detroit to do till now.

Gortat (HOPING)/Scola/Tayshaun/Hamilton/Brooks, looks like a quick somewhat solid team to me, if we don't get Gortat then maybe Landry starts and we become Phoenix Suns w/out Nash (who knows how that turns out, but could be fun to watch).

Thoughts? I mean IMO if somehow Morey can do this, this is just about the MOST value you can get from Tmac, considering other offers are crap like: Curry/Mobley and stupid crap like that.

2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Why is there no sticky for all these trade threads? I remember seeing one at one time...

3. tfvic

tfvic Member

omg i would love tmac for rip and prince!

4. RocketLegend34

I WOULD LOVE THIS TRADE WE WOULD BE CONTENDERS AGAIN

GET IT DONE MOREY

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Might of happened once upon a time - not now!

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I'm sure the Pistons could get a better offer for one of them...let alone both. I seriously doubt it.

7. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

See I thought same thing, but they can't get a better expiring contract offer, which if they want to be in the '10 hunt they need a huge expiring contract.

On top of that, many teams don't want those huge contracts Tayshaun and Rip have right now, because they wanna be in the '10 hunt too.

8. blackistan

blackistan Member

Should've done this last offseason I think its too late now

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Love it...extactly why I am not so upset over Artest leaving and before everyone says no way Detroit makes this trade think about it, this trade isnt about what they could get back it would be the 23 million that would come off there books thats why it would be so interesting to them.

10. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Could be, but no way we do this last offseason w/out knowing the future.

Man healthy Tmac + Artest + Yao sounded so freaking sexy...

Tayshaun didn't fit last year cuz him & artest play same position and they both play similar to Battier, we didn't need 3 very similar players.

Rip is no where near as good as Tmac if Tmac gives it all he has got, he is a bonafide star (but he is too lazy and has a horrible attitude).

But oh well, I'm still hoping a trade like this could happen this offseason.

11. Possum

Possum Member

I was just thinking about this exact same trade.

12. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

lies jk

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You're only the 700th poster to suggest this and you even created your own thread to do so! Kudos.

14. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Oh cool, I didn't mention that in my post or anything w/ full knowledge of this... :rolleyes:

I'm saying NOW it makes sense (where as I don't believe before it did), I was too lazy to look if there was a random trade thread, do you think I am going to search for an old one of these threads and bump it?

15. baller4life315

A little effort goes a long way.

16. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

But no effort allows me to spend my time having a great discussion with u.

17. TracyMcCrazyeye

THIS IS THE BEST TRADE EVARR AND IS GOOD FOR BOTH TEAMS GOODBYE TMAC FUN HAVING U ON ROCKETS TEAM

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

lol good comeback

19. baller4life315

Find me in one of the real trade threads once you learn how to swim in the deep end. ;)

20. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

If this were to go down we can still have 2 good defender to throw at the likes of Kobe, Lebron, etc. since it appears Artest wont be back with us. Prince can fill that void without all the bad decision making and ball stopping that Artest brings.