1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic Posturing About Keeping Dwight Howard Until Feb. 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 23, 2012.

1. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I forgot he is a Jazz now fine =__=. Too many players come up into the heads.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

no I was just responding to them. You are correct no one knows exactly what the deal would be in either scenario and there is little doubt that the actual deal will or would be different than the examples that I put up. I'm not even suggesting one deal over the other.

I'm just curious at what point people would perfer a Bynum deal over a D12 deal. I think all of us think D12 is better than Bynum. But would most prefer D12 even at the expense of most of most of our primary assets? I don't know.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. Just thought I would post the importance of Howard.

[​IMG]

A josh Smith, Iggy and Howard are looking pretty good to me right now.

#1583 jtr, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

great graphic representation of Dwight's value.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...28_1_kevin-samples-rob-hennigan-dwight-howard

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

If Dwight caves and says 'I will re-sign in Houston' how much does that change what you are willing to give up? Does Lamb + Motiejunas suddenly become palatable?

7. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Yes of course. People being upset at that point would remind me of the Knicks fans saying Mozgov was a deal breaker.

Maybe Dwight is an genius and he's driving down his value so the Rockets can afford a 2nd star :)

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Actually, if Dwight Howard truly wants to re-sign with us, he should keep his hard line stance to make sure Houston gives up as little as possible to get him. And then make sure Morey knows and give Orlando just enough for Hennigan to bite.

But in terms of actual trade value of a Dwight Howard that will be under contract for the next 6 years? I would take on 3 of Orlando's contracts, offer them 3 of our youngsters, Toronto and Dallas pick plus our own. But basically give them whatever the hell they want. But it will never come down to this so it's a moot point.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Orlando would probably have a tampering case to go to with that, but that being said, he doesn't need to tell Morey at this point to give up just enough, his public statements don't need a secret handshake.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

For me, I'd be willing to give up more of the rookies, but take back less contracts.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Yep. Maintaining flexibility after we acquire him is paramount for our ability to assemble a championship roster.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Makes no difference to me. Key is still offering just a little more than the next highest bidder. If this does not make other teams increase their offers, why would Morey increase his?

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Totally agree. I just think as far as the structure of the deal, if guaranteed Dwight long-term, I'd rather give up more young talent than be saddled by some of these bad 3-yr contracts.

14. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Hennigan saving face. Must also be a tick better than what one more season of Dwight is worth taking to him.

15. ClKent

ClKent Member

Some of you posters seem to have so much information to give on the Rockets. I was wondering if the feeling is Dwight would be moved any time soon, before the offseason is over, or is it trending towards the trade deadline? Basically whats the general feeling this is now headed. Thanks.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Hayes is on the list <<(5.7)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he is in front of McGee <<(5.5)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I strongly oppose to a straight trade for D12, unless Morey has a clear exit plan for D12 as a rental.

Clutchfans need to stop fantasizing about DH12 re-sign with Houston if traded here! Do not underestimate D12's determination for not wanting to be here.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Don't be stupid, Dwight doesn't care about us one way or the other. What he DOES care about is playing in a large market (already off the table) and getting a 5 year max deal. When all other options are closed he will settle for the Rockets simply because nothing better is on the table for him.

20. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Like I said im all for Dwight as long as Morey has a plan to get a 2nd star.

Dwight will not leave a extra 30mil,and a legit wingman to play with.Our frontoffice is not like Orlando's we can actually build a team around Dwight.